Rip:

Excuse the long-winded post, it's the adderall talking. I am currently doing a version of Lascek's strength and conditioning program from when he was at WFAC (found on this site). Back in March, when I was nearing end of the initial novice stage and nearing advanced novice, I noticed I was having a hard time with transitioning from the initial pull from the floor to the jump phase of the power clean. At one point I could hang power clean about the same amount of weight as I could straight from the floor.

As my 2nd conditioning workout of the week, (on Friday after deadlifts) I have been doing a barbell complex, 3 rounds of 5 reps of PC, Press, RDL, Row.

Then the other day, I saw a complex on John Welbourn's CF Football site that gave me an idea: 5 rounds of: 3 clean pulls, 3 power cleans, 3 push jerk, 3 good mornings.

My thought was, would that complex or something similar be at all useful in improving my technique on the first pull and transition to the jump? The goal being to keep volume low and work on technique, but still get in some conditioning at the same time. I would probably replace the good mornings with RDLs.

So, do you think that would be reasonable from both a technique practice and conditioning perspective, given the constraints of that conditioning program?

Thanks