starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Podcast 5 is up

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip, you address the issue of rehab for muscle belly injuries, but what about injuries to ligaments/tendons that don't necessarily recover the same was as muscle bellies do? For example, a hip flexor injury, which is common to many athletes.

Gosh, I don't know. Never thought about that before.

That doesn't necessarily answer the question, my good man.

Terribly sorry, old chap. Perhaps the civilized thing to do would be to see if this little chinwag has beeen had before.

I've used the search function, but I've found the responses to be of little help. I've developed the hip flexor injury from ambitious squatting, and I'd benefit a great deal if I had an answer directly from you on how to rehab it. I've continued squatting throughout the injury with lighter weights, but this injury is significant enough to have had me not squatting seriously since late July. So please, kind sir, give me the knowledge I seek, otherwise I'm going to have a shitty squat (and I know you don't want that to happen).

Huh. I found this in five minutes: http://startingstrength.com/resource...?t=9958&page=1

Also this: http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=32747&page=1

Try going to google, and type: site:startingstrength.com hip flexor rippetoe

It's magical. The search function, and how to use it, is detailed in this helpful post: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=15737

interesting, i was going about the search function in a different way, which yielded worse results. thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntschli View Post
    Regarding elbow issues, I've had golfer's elbow since I started squatting (long forearms relative to the upper arm). I use a low resistance hand gripper 3x20 in the morning and 3x20 in the evening, and this helps quite a bit. I've also had tennis elbow show up since starting to program pull ups. The hand gripper seems to help with that as well, although it could simply be that improvement in the pull ups is the primary contributor.
    When my golfer's elbow starts acting up, I use an adjustable hand gripper and set it at a resistance too great to close with one hand. I use both hands to close it and do eccentrics with it (allow it to open while resisting with only the hand that's holding it). Seems to work wonders

starting strength coach development program
    Great podcast. What you said correlates exactly with what I experienced with my hamstring injury. Keep them coming.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234