starting strength gym
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The future of strength training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm not saying that Starting Strength doesn't make you big and strong. I'm just saying that if you want to sell it, you want to put some hot guy with razor-sharp abs on the cover. He'll probably not be someone who has done the program. He probably won't be able to lift half what a typical guy on SS can lift.
    So what you're saying is yes, Jordan should be on the cover. I know it's not exactly your point, but here's how I look at it. Give me 2-4 months of cutting time, and I'll have those razor-sharp abs. I know, because I've done it in the past. Now give someone with razor-sharp abs 2-4 months and see if they can get a 600 pound deadlift. Most likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-barian View Post
    Fitocracy...
    It has 6 weight related achievements: barbell squats, deads, bench and press and dumbbell press and bench. So, if you want the badge, you gotta learn the lifts.
    Or, you know, lie.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't think people interested in lifting weights look for books. I think they look for magazines or else they just have someone show them how to do it.
    I disagree. People interested in lifting weights do look for books. People interested in looking like they lift look for magazines.

That lady even looks like me. The comments in that piece are atrocious however. Here's to hoping I can squat as much as her one day.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    ...this is in the UK's most popular tabloid newspaper.
    And they now have me wondering where I can order plates calibrated in stones.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567