starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciitis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The best time to check for a hypercoagulable state is I think finishing your 3 or 6 months of warfarin, wait for 2 weeks and then do the blood draws. This is because the acute clot/ therapy can affect the tests. A bit rusty so Dr Sullivan or Dr Paul please step in.

Well my dosage is up, since my INR doesn't want to move up from 1.3 and she wants me over 2.0. I don't think I mentioned I'm also on heparin (levanox) injections at the moment, supposedly until I hit 2.0 and then I'll be on coumadin exclusively.

For what's it worth, I got this neat little pamphlet on warfarin that states there are differences in how individuals respond to blood thinners. According to my doc 5-10 days is the normal time frame where your INR levels ought to be between 2 and 3, ideally 2.5. I did 9 days of injections and warfarin pills before my INR levels were at 2.4. I'm only on warfarin now. If someone farts on me, I look like I've been hit with a baseball bat. Good times.

At least for the warfarin diet plays a part, especially foods that are high in vitamin K, so it might be a good idea to keep tabs on that.

starting strength coach development program
    I stopped taking my multi vitamin and will limit my leafy greens and avocadoes. I've also seen it mentioned in a few places that EFA supplementation is not a good idea, but when I asked my doctor about it she gave me the deer in headlights look. For now I've just decreased my fish oil intake to 2 caps a day, while I still look around and get informed some more.

I've also been digging around and found this thread here, which may be of use to you as well, Sqwt: http://startingstrength.com/resource...p/t-13346.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456