starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Ligament in the Knee?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    To me it looks like they're calling what previously was characterized the mid third lateral capsular ligament, which buds off the LCL -but connects to both Gerdy's tubercle and the lateral meniscus via two separate components. I'm not sure if there's any isolated function or if it's just something new and cool they found. Other sources have described both the MCL and LCL having anterior and posterior components caudal to their proximal attachments on the femur.

Seems to be some hubbub about the function, though IMO there shouldn't be. Recent data has shown that O'donahue's unhappy triad involves the MCL, ACL, and lateral meniscus in acute ACL injuries. It's likely that this "new" ligament, which has been previously characterized as "other" things ruptures it's meniscofemoral component during an acute ACL injury. Repair of this 2nd varus stabilizer might be advantageous in sporting populations, perhaps.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    I assume op found this on reddit.

There was link in the reddit comments, and the seemingly smart people called bs on it being undiscovered.
    No... I did not find this on reddit as I'm a complete dunce on that site. I find it very confusing. I should have credited Robb Wolf who shared this via Twitter. How the guy who originally posted it found it... Not sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12