starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Article

Default Squat Article

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Why people have to squat differently

Makes some sense, although I don't have much experience with anatomical shapes of bones so not sure how 'common' these physical deformation variances are.

There's also some potential 'affiliation' issues.

Amazing. People vary in anthropometry. Maybe he's read my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Amazing. People vary in anthropometry. Maybe he's read my book.
    Well I have to give it to him those pictures of femurs/hips does visualise the whole thing nicely.

I read your book as well, twice in fact and understood the differene in antropometry quite clearly. I did however not expect the angle of the ball joint could vary that much.

Probably a lack of knowledge/imagination on my side but still.

There is variation in all human anthropometry. Lumbar curvature, the shape of your stomach, the width and size of your feet, and above all the length of your COCK all vary with the individual. I find it surprising that this had not occurred to you.

There is variation in all human anthropometry. Lumbar curvature, the shape of your stomach, the width and size of your feet, and above all the length of your COCK all vary with the individual. I find it surprising that this had not occurred to you.
    LOL. Obviously those things did occur to me.

However following the form follows function rule I wouldn't have expected the angle of a joint to vary like that. We all pretty much move our legs in the same direction when walking.

The first picture of the two femurs shows a ~40° difference in angle of the ball joint. Both people moved there legs roughly through the same plane when walking. For the guy owning the left femur this meant almost perfect axial rotation along the neck of the ball joint. For the right this is much less the case which would seem less efficient from a mechanical point of view.

I just imagined the evolutionary proces adhering to the form follows function rule would not have allowed such big differences. Thus found the pictures a nice addition.

To conclude that I did not notice any differences in human physiology just because I was surprised at this particular varriance is a little simplistic. Or maybe just part of the normal variance in human behavioral patterns who knows.

"COCK" being capitalized for the intended emphasis.

just like: "EAT MORE, WEIGH LESS"

or my personal favourite "69 FLAT BELLY FOODS"

starting strength coach development program
    Holy shit, I'm going out to buy new shoes and condoms immediately.