starting strength gym

Thread: What would your mobility routine look like?

Default What would your mobility routine look like?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    First of all, thank you for all you do to make such great strength training information so easily accessible.

I recall reading in a forum post of yours from several years back that you "think that for most people, mobility work is probably a good idea, but that many S&C people get fixated on it at the expense of getting strong." If you were to recommend a mobility routine (that does not interfere with getting strong) for the average lifter, I was wondering if you could describe what it would look like. Thanks!

It would look just like the 5 major exercises done for several sets of 5 with the empty bar.

Simple - I like it. Thank you!

Using the empty bar works fine. I'm terribly stiff. So I was trying to do all these ridiculous mobility exercises prior to the workout. For a fatty, this shit is like a workout in and of itself. And it wasn't really that awesome... Then I went with the SS recommendation to simply use the empty bar along with warmup sets to work into the "stretch". Works as well as if not better than the other BS. That and shoulder dislocations prior to OHP and squats.