starting strength gym
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: October Iron Fest Announcement

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I might go just to spectate. I'll have to ask Steve Galvan if that's ok. My numbers are rather pathetic to be lifting at a competitive event right now.
    What Tom said. Go lift anyway. If people only went if they thought they could win, there wouldn't be half as many lifters at meets. Try your best, definitely, but go to learn.

How many Masters have you got up in Emoryville so far Tom? I've had a disastrous and non-existent year competing what with illnesses et. al., but this is a huge temptation.

are you guys planning on doing this kind of event quarterly? annually? i can't go to this one but would certainly go in the future.

I signed up for Amarillo. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    How many Masters have you got up in Emoryville so far Tom? I've had a disastrous and non-existent year competing what with illnesses et. al., but this is a huge temptation.
    I need to pull up the list and check. However, my meet just sold out as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by tweakxc03 View Post
    are you guys planning on doing this kind of event quarterly? annually? i can't go to this one but would certainly go in the future.
    Thus far, there are no plans to hold meets together like this in the future. We are going to see how these go, how much work it was for everyone, and then make a decision going forward.

Alright, y'all talked me into it. I just signed up for the San Antonio meet. We'll see what kind of progress I can make over the next month or so. Never participated in or even watched a meet before, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I need to pull up the list and check. However, my meet just sold out as of today.
    Well, that sealed the deal. Just signed the wife and I up for the Atlanta meet before it gets the chance to sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Bryant View Post
    Yes, get signed up. If this is your first meet and you are doing it at my location I will even offer up some meet prep instruction the weekend before. All my first time lifters will be there and we will go over rules, practice in and out of racks, help pick openers and second attempts based off your training numbers. The day of the meet we will have all of our experienced competitors helping warm you up and teaching you the ropes.

Nothing to lose.
    Anyone care to lay out some basic rules on how to go about picking openers/second/final attempts? It'll be our first meet, so any general advice would be appreciated.

Are there any specific rules regarding taping of the thumb? The only relevant portion I see is: "Any bandages worn on the hands must be shown to the judges prior to the start of the lift."

I'm signed up for the San Antonio meet, master's division (age 51)

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Alright, y'all talked me into it. I just signed up for the San Antonio meet. We'll see what kind of progress I can make over the next month or so. Never participated in or even watched a meet before, should be interesting.
    Good Deal! This is my 1st meet too. No one is doing this for the prize table. This is about the experience and camaraderie. First beer is on me....after we lift!

starting strength coach development program
    Signed up for the Toronto (Element Crossfit) one.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast