starting strength gym
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: October Iron Fest Announcement

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Brilliant idea. This strikes me as a potentially disruptive innovation in the competitive lifting market.

I'm incredibly excited.

Folks: even if you don't consider yourself "strong", compete in this. Help build the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Am I being dense? Where's the registration/sign-up? When I click "locations & sign-up," I just get a Google Maps page with the locations.
    Click on one of those little red dots on the map. You will find links to the signups in the little box that pops up.

There's a typo on the sign up form for Maryland

http://crossfitretribution.com/_wp/w...rIronfest1.pdf

Entry Fee: ($40.00 post marked before 5 September, $50.00 postmarked after 25 September)
    That should be 25 September according to the paragraph at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    Brilliant idea. This strikes me as a potentially disruptive innovation in the competitive lifting market.

I'm incredibly excited.

Folks: even if you don't consider yourself "strong", compete in this. Help build the community.
    Yes, get signed up. If this is your first meet and you are doing it at my location I will even offer up some meet prep instruction the weekend before. All my first time lifters will be there and we will go over rules, practice in and out of racks, help pick openers and second attempts based off your training numbers. The day of the meet we will have all of our experienced competitors helping warm you up and teaching you the ropes.

Nothing to lose.

What a great idea. If I can, I'll get to the Toronto one. That's closest to me.

Thanks to Coach Rip and all the gym owners and coaches who are making this happen.

Registered. This will be my very first meet! Hope to see some of you in Mississauga.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Bryant View Post
    Yes, get signed up. If this is your first meet and you are doing it at my location I will even offer up some meet prep instruction the weekend before. All my first time lifters will be there and we will go over rules, practice in and out of racks, help pick openers and second attempts based off your training numbers. The day of the meet we will have all of our experienced competitors helping warm you up and teaching you the ropes.

Nothing to lose.
    What do we get if it's our third meet?

Signed up! Who else is going to San Antonio?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Absolutely. It is very difficult for most people to lay back far enough to where they would run afoul of the rules.
    Unless you're like me and sometimes turn it into a standing bench press (without the bench).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by sirostac View Post
    Signed up! Who else is going to San Antonio?
    I may have interviews on that date, if not I'll be signing up. Can't know for sure until the end of this month.

I hate the drive from Houston but it'll be worth it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast