starting strength gym
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mainstream Media and Drinking: How did they agree on this particular lie???

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Old Crow, Bookers, Bakers, Knob, Old Grand-dad, and Basil Hayden come from Beam. Makers is also Beam, but it's a wheated bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by blandrick View Post
    Isn't Makers at least still made in their own factory? I know that you can tour the factory and hand-dip your own bottle, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not just making Beam and slapping a fancy label on it...
    I toured Maker's last month. While they were in shutdown mode, they do, in fact just make Maker's there. It isn't Beam.

That said, I've yet to find any manufacturer that makes bourbon better than the folks at Buffalo Trace. I would be a happy man if all I ever drank was Blanton's and W. L. Weller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Lies are an integral part of the American whiskey industry. Buy this book: http://www.amazon.com/Kings-County-D...dp/1419709909/
    Rip, have you turned Urbanite?

Quote Originally Posted by medwards View Post
    I disagree. Want to wager a case of Pepe Nero on it?
    Pepe Nero is a fine Italian restaurant where they make great pizza. However a bottle of Old Parr might be better. Still interested?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    I hear that if you can outsquat the Reaper when he comes for you, you'll ascend to a higher plane of existence like Obi-wan Kenobi.
    Your not strong enough, anyway the black horse has already been loosed.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    Rip didn't have to train, so it wasn't a zugzwang.
    He use to train every day, he still does from time to time, however I submit there are enough hazards in life to overcome with out making your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    There's no such thing, wal.
    You and me have been down this track before. I would suggest that a thorough investigation of this claim be made by you before making such a statement, you see there is only one and I do mean only one opportunity this side of the fence of eternity to find out, if I am wrong then you having nothing to loose, however If I am right your are in deep shit. As a coach you have the responsibility to encourage more from your trainees and you can see the potential in successful weight lifters even if they themselves cannot.

I see in you great potential, don't waste it Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by stronger View Post
    Rip, have you turned Urbanite?
    Is that like an alcoholic?

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I see in you great potential, don't waste it Mark.
    Thank you, wal. You have potential yourself, if you can learn to think more clearly.

C'mon wal. Heaven and Valhalla are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Otherwise I might get bored listening to the good church ladies harping away on their clouds.

You and me have been down this track before. I would suggest that a thorough investigation of this claim be made by you before making such a statement, you see there is only one and I do mean only one opportunity this side of the fence of eternity to find out, if I am wrong then you having nothing to loose, however If I am right your are in deep shit.
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    £20,000 a bottle ...
    If it doesn't give you a blowjob ever day from the day you buy it until the day you die, you're overpaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    C'mon wal. Heaven and Valhalla are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Otherwise I might get bored listening to the good church ladies harping away on their clouds.
    What does hell have to do with anything?

What about thanking Him for something that is infinitely more valuable? The gift of eternal life.
    I'm atheist, so I guess the gift of eternal damnation awaits.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by paterfamilias View Post
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
    That's a good one.

Epicurus has one of my favorites;

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?

I once attempted to read the bible in it's entirety. At about Leviticus is where I had to put it down. Highly detailed instructions on proper animal sacrifice, and stonings. No thanks.
    Can't your hidden invisible friend make himself visible so I can see him?

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast