starting strength gym
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mainstream Media and Drinking: How did they agree on this particular lie???

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You and me have been down this track before. I would suggest that a thorough investigation of this claim be made by you before making such a statement, you see there is only one and I do mean only one opportunity this side of the fence of eternity to find out, if I am wrong then you having nothing to loose, however If I am right your are in deep shit.
    Ah, Pascal's wager. Now tell me...given that there are approximately 30,000 religions across the globe that assert that some sort of damnation is awaiting me if I don't believe in their particular tales, which one should I accept as true? After all, if I accept Jesus, but it turns out that Buddhism was right, then I am in deep shit. And vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    I'm atheist, so I guess the gift of eternal damnation awaits.
    For what it's worth, at least there will be a lot of interesting people with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    What does hell have to do with anything?
    Red, you are showing yourself to be an inexperienced young man. As you grow older and perhaps find a woman prepared to put up with your sandpaperish nature and maybe reproduce and when to humor her you try to acculturate yourself into general society, you will find out soon enough.

I was so much like you in my 20's it scares me. Things, circumstances, and you yourself are likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    If it doesn't give you a blowjob ever day from the day you buy it until the day you die, you're overpaying.
    $1,000 a dram. I'd better be seeing dead kings. (While I get those blowjobs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Thank you, wal. You have potential yourself, if you can learn to think more clearly.
    Mark, I reckon you would be a pretty good judge of character, right? You can sort out what people are like very quickly, well, you know me well enough that when it comes to things spiritual I have a what is called a one track mind, as straight as the rail line over the Nullarbor plain.

However when it came to weight training I had an open mind. I tried all sorts of training programs, you know, body weight, endless push-ups and sit-ups, bikes, cross trainers , I nearly started running marathons with the brother.

Then I trawled the net, downloading various exercise programs, then out of the blue I found your site, like a beacon of light amongst a sea of dark training sites, so I thought I will sit here a while and have a look around, well now I have a one track mind when it comes to weight training, I know I suck at it, but I still get my 3 sessions per week come hail, rain, shine or snow, ain't that grand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    C'mon wal. Heaven and Valhalla are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Otherwise I might get bored listening to the good church ladies harping away on their clouds.
    Mark you need to read Revelations, trumpets come first mate, you know, the kind that wake up the dead. Haa!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    Ah, Pascal's wager. Now tell me...given that there are approximately 30,000 religions across the globe that assert that some sort of damnation is awaiting me if I don't believe in their particular tales, which one should I accept as true? After all, if I accept Jesus, but it turns out that Buddhism was right, then I am in deep shit. And vice versa.
    Ah! Yes, well there are many roads to travel but which one leads home, right? I mean if you take the wrong path could cost you an eternity in the wrong place. Thirty thousand? maybe more, every man thinks his way is right. Best thing is to examine what they say, see where the truth lies, right? Forget the thirty thousand, stick to the basic four, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Christianity.

The basic differences between Christ and the rest is this, all the others say to achieve Nivarna, Jannah, Heaven is to follow the right principals. Sin is like a set of scales, sins on one side, good deeds on the other, if your goods deeds outweigh the bad, then when you die you get in the front door.

However Christianity (not denominationalism) of the Bible states there is nothing a man can do to allow him entry into eternal life. It states we are all condemned as law breakers deserving the lake of fire. The God of the bible demands 100% perfection, the Ten Commandments is where the bar is set, 100% obedience, nothing less. 99.999% is not good enough.

However He has provided an escape from this seal of death, Jesus has paid for the penalty for you and me, in other words it is not based on how good we are or how bad, it is based on mercy and forgiveness, the God of the Bible has canceled the sentence of Judgment hanging over our head, therefore when you die you will not face the God of Judgment, you will receive the gift of eternal life that has been paid for by someone else. Only problem with this is if you reject His offer of amnesty, well, like I said you will be in deep shit when you face Him on that day.

That Brodie is where I stand.

People on their own are getting nowhere,
    I am on the road to see,
    If anything is anywhere and waiting, just for me.

Little River Band

Longtime lurker; new (infrequent) poster.

Please allow me to lodge a request that the pages of atheist/agnostic nut-swinging (and responses) that will invariably follow wal's initial expression of his fairly unique religious views (perhaps not unique; I received a vivid pamphlet summarizing them from a fellow on the subway this morning) be avoided this time around.

It's absurd to think that a god would be so petty as to eternally damn skeptics for using the critical faculties with which he endowed them.

...if I am wrong then you having nothing to loose, however If I am right your are in deep shit.
    One thing you definitely lose is intellectual curiosity about some of the most interesting questions that exist. You stop wondering about such things as the origins of the universe, life, and existence of things as we know it. So, instead of some smart person, or set of smart people, figuring out some of these answers in their quest for knowledge, they instead open an old book and go "Oh, so that's how it all started! Johnson, cancel the experiment, I got the answers right here".

Mark you need to read Revelations, trumpets come first mate, you know, the kind that wake up the dead. Haa!
    Wal, Revelations is bad, poorly-written fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisNYC View Post
    Longtime lurker; new (infrequent) poster.

Please allow me to lodge a request that the pages of atheist/agnostic nut-swinging (and responses) that will invariably follow wal's initial expression of his fairly unique religious views (perhaps not unique; I received a vivid pamphlet summarizing them from a fellow on the subway this morning) be avoided this time around.
    Naw, can't do that.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    One thing you definitely lose is intellectual curiosity about some of the most interesting questions that exist. You stop wondering about such things as the origins of the universe, life, and existence of things as we know it. So, instead of some smart person, or set of smart people, figuring out some of these answers in their quest for knowledge, they instead open an old book and go "Oh, so that's how it all started! Johnson, cancel the experiment, I got the answers right here".
    Not necessarily. For instance, with the origin of the universe, the first person to propose the big bang theory was an astronomer, who also happened to be a Catholic priest. Of course, the rest of the scientific community scoffed until Hubble discovered the red shift. Many were perfectly content to not find a "beginning" of the universe (mostly becasue of the implications of a universe having a beginning which have nothing to do with science) until that point.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast