starting strength gym
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kettlebell & Barbells...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I think "active rest" is poorly understood by most people. Anything that makes you sore is not active rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think "active rest" is poorly understood by most people.
    Well, what isn't?

Why are you here, dpg? To say that everybody is right and nobody is wrong?
    Dan John doesn't have to be wrong for you to be right and vice versa.

Mark, you know - I wonder why you couldn't give an intelligent reply to the question that started this thread. Something like this:

Kettlebells are an excellent adjunct to barbell training, but they are not a replacement for it. Kettlebell training - as I understand it, and I may be understanding it incorrectly - is an endurance activity wherein volume is the primary parameter being manipulated. It does not lend itself to lower rep incremental increases in strength at the 5RM level that barbell training does. For this reason, it would be considered an assistance method for intermediate or advanced athletes interested in competing in non-barbell sports. Quite useful for some things, not terribly applicable to an initial acquisition of absolute strength.

That's the answer you gave in Ol' Mean Mr Gravity to the similar question. See? I do read your books and , actually, I quite like them. Believe it or not, I also like the opinionated and narrow minded manner in which the ideas are laid out. When I asked the question about supplemental strength training for GS I was sincerely interested in what you had to say. My mistake, I should have read Mr Gravity in order to understand the culture of your forum. I know, it's very seductive to have a following like yours, as well as it is seductive for your posters to get your approval while writing derogatory and/or ignorant replies.

If it's of any interest, I think Mr Gravity is your worst book. You could do much better job by writing a systematic text that addresses the same topics - injuries, technique etc. (and skipping repetitive bitching about doctors, scientists and PT coaches) - by writing a systematic text, instead of copy-and-paste from the forum. Good luck with the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajita_McJones View Post
    Quickly, if you want to stay, tell me where I said that Dan John was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Small Dog View Post
    Mark, you know - I wonder why you couldn't give an intelligent reply to the question that started this thread. Something like this:

Kettlebells are an excellent adjunct to barbell training, but they are not a replacement for it. Kettlebell training - as I understand it, and I may be understanding it incorrectly - is an endurance activity wherein volume is the primary parameter being manipulated. It does not lend itself to lower rep incremental increases in strength at the 5RM level that barbell training does. For this reason, it would be considered an assistance method for intermediate or advanced athletes interested in competing in non-barbell sports. Quite useful for some things, not terribly applicable to an initial acquisition of absolute strength.

That's the answer you gave in Ol' Mean Mr Gravity to the similar question. See? I do read your books and , actually, I quite like them. Believe it or not, I also like the opinionated and narrow minded manner in which the ideas are laid out. When I asked the question about supplemental strength training for GS I was sincerely interested in what you had to say. My mistake, I should have read Mr Gravity in order to understand the culture of your forum. I know, it's very seductive to have a following like yours, as well as it is seductive for your posters to get your approval while writing derogatory and/or ignorant replies.

If it's of any interest, I think Mr Gravity is your worst book. You could do much better job by writing a systematic text that addresses the same topics - injuries, technique etc. (and skipping repetitive bitching about doctors, scientists and PT coaches) - by writing a systematic text, instead of copy-and-paste from the forum. Good luck with the next one.
    You seem to think I'm on your payroll. Anything else on your schedule for me to do? Again? And explain why you and RugbySmartarse have the same IP address.

\You seem to think I'm on your payroll. Anything else on your schedule for me to do? Again? And explain why you and RugbySmartarse have the same IP address.
    Probably something to do with Australia Rip. I've had similar issues before. Possibly something to do with the way Telstra has their network set up, or the way the network I'm on is set up or something something computer magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajita_McJones View Post
    I was the one who brought up Dan John and obviously I shouldn't have, because dolts will now assume I was referencing some hidden remark from Rippetoe regarding Dan John's swing challenge and I WAS NOT. I was speaking for myself only with regard to one narrow aspect of a coach's repertoire.

Quickly, if you want to stay, tell me where I said that Dan John was wrong.

You seem to think I'm on your payroll. Anything else on your schedule for me to do? Again? And explain why you and RugbySmartarse have the same IP address.
    Boys? Quickly now.

And explain why you and RugbySmartarse have the same IP address.
    RugbySmartarse seems like an OK dude to me, and I doubt he'd write a post like that or play sockpuppet.

starting strength coach development program
    My impression too. But I'd still like an explanation.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast