starting strength gym
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kettlebell & Barbells...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My impression too. But I'd still like an explanation.
    Could just be behind the same NAT router. Basically just means everything off that router will show the same IP address to the outside world, even though there are separate addresses on the internal side of the network.

There are a few other possibilities, but that's the simplest, other than sharing a computer with someone.

RugbySmartarse is a real person, and not the sort to have duplicate accounts.

Thus, my confusion.

I cannot stand when people try to pit one respectable coach against another. There's a reason why I've hung around this site for years, and I still enjoy the work that Dan John does. Both coaches advocate hard work. Rip might carry his message with more focus and consistency, but the fact that there are differences between the two shouldn't be such a source of consternation for the denizens of this board.

I can't stand it either. It pisses me off. Dan has eaten at my table, and I consider him a friend. Therefore, since Fajita has not explained his comment, Fajita gets to go way.

I like to read old strength training books from 1900 and later, and I like listening to different coaches. What strikes me isn't the differences, but just how much they have in common.

What they have different is interesting to discuss but annoying to argue about, typically the coaches' followers will be doing the arguing rather than the coaches themselves, since the coaches tend to focus on what they have in common. And what they have in common is the good stuff.

For example, Dan John suggests you front squat. Rip suggests you back squat. Both of them say... you have to squat. What do we learn from this? You gotta squat. And DJ says that fundamental human movements are fundamental, and these are squat, push, pull, hip hinge and loaded carry. And SS consists of... well, one day you squat, press (push), deadlift (hip hinge), the other day you squat, bench (push), and clean or snatch (hip hinge). When the deadlifts and cleans get hard, you swap in chinups (pull). If you want some conditioning you use a prowler (loaded carry or push, depends how you look at it).

The differences are important. The similarities are more important. Most of us are not at a level in lifting or coaching where the differences between two coaches like Rip and DJ matter to us.

Thus, my confusion.
    I think one of our big isps (TPG) uses proxies which can make it seem like different people have the same ip.

I can't stand it either. It pisses me off. Dan has eaten at my table, and I consider him a friend. Therefore, since Fajita has not explained his comment, Fajita gets to go way.
    I think I'm actually reading the book you two are discussing in your video series 'Intervention' is a very good read. I think it's the first book of his I've read.

Couldn't a very heavy kettlebell or two be useful, say, when someone has to travel for work and can't fit a barbell in their car? Not as progressive training, but just to get a workout in. Or would it be preferable to just miss a workout or two?

Not talking swings, but kettlebell lifts. Although, I guess if you've got kettlebells, you could just as easily get dumbells for the same purpose (i.e. to fit in your car).

starting strength coach development program
    Certainly. The car is an excellent place for your kettlebells.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast