starting strength gym

Thread: Back extensions mentioned in PPST3 (p87) but not in SSBBT3

Default Back extensions mentioned in PPST3 (p87) but not in SSBBT3

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I noticed that back extensions were mentioned several times along with chin ups in the novice chapter as an exercise to rotate in with deads and cleans, so that sent me searching in SSBBT3 to see if there's an explanation of how to properly perform them but I didn't find anything in the index under Back or Extension.

Are they as simple as they seem? I'm tempted to assume so, but once upon a time, I though squats and deads were as simple as they seem, which suggests that my assumptions aren't always very reliable.

Back extensions are pretty simple.

They're definitely in there, at least in the kindle version. They're after barbell rows and before curls in the 'Ancillary Exercises' section.

They're in BBT3: 'Back extensions and Glute/Ham Raises' in the 'Ancillary Exercises' section of Chapter 7 -'Useful Assistance Exercises'.

Rip,

Sorry for not letting this one die, but I had a quick question on back extensions. In the book a classic horizontal Roman Chair is shown as being used for back extensions. But in the video below you are using one of the angled versions. Is one better than the other or is the moral of the story just do them? I only ask because this will be the next addition to my home gym.

Let it die. Don't be sorry.

starting strength coach development program
    Ripp, many are cold but few are frozen.
    You did provide me a bit of important advice when I asked you about this video a while ago. You stressed the importance of keeping the back straight, lumbar extension if my limited knowledge is correct. I see a number of people at my box gym bending their backs rather than bending at the hips when they do this exercise. People should note your form as you did these back extensions.