starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Latest on T-Nation

This was really excellent. You are getting better and better at explaining the distinction between doing useful things and doing useless things.

The proof was in the pudding of doing the work, for me, but these kinds of articles are making it easier to explain it to other folks.

So you got bored attacking Crossfit, Physical Therapists, and Strength and Conditioning Coaches in separate articles, so you decided to attack them all at the same time?

The Unified Field Theory, as it were.

Those photos! My eyes! With opener looking like something abstracted from Red Dragon to the overhead pistol squat to ball squats on a wobble board. That overhead squat had to be photoshopped.

Then there's this:

CrossFit is very popular for several reasons. It's not boring, since constant variation is not boring.
    Straight out the Chronic Routine Changer TM (CRC) Handbook along with Weider's Instinctive Training Principle. All of them sure routes to nowhere in particular.

Very well written. Concise, considering the amount of ground covered. I'm going to have to print that out and pass it out as appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    it's better than steroids, since you can't get sent to jail for doing your squats and deadlifts.
    Unless you're at Planet Fitness. Then you might have the police called on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton131
    It may not be the most optimal but at least it's something.
    I don't get these comments. Curls are something too.

Nice ;icture of a Gator laying out a Gamecock

Strength and skill are both acquired through the diligent pursuit of more weight on the bar and more perfect movement execution performed repeatedly in a logical consistent manner. Infrequent exposure to skill-dependent movements under performance circumstances is the polar opposite of the method used in athletics to develop strength, accuracy, precision, and excellence of execution.
    Holy shit. I've read all of your articles on this and I understand the issues but I think this paragraph still blew my mind. I knew crossift was sub-optimal but I never really realized that it's actually the anthithesis to effective training.

The People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado

starting strength coach development program
    This has been reposted on our gym forum and I bet it will be a conversation piece among our members this week. This is my favorite article for the general population you've written in a while!
    Last edited by stef; 11-03-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: tiny typoid

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast