starting strength gym

Thread: A case study in just getting $!#% done

Default A case study in just getting $!#% done

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have recently started training a 16 year old kid with a history of primary osteosarcoma (an exceptionally deadly form of bone cancer) will four recurrences in his lungs which all required thoracotomies. He was a limb salvage patient while he was undergoing chemotherapy, but he ended up having a transfemoral amputation. The surgeons performed what is called a rotationplasty where they grafted his calf, ankle, and foot onto the residual stump. The graft is placed backwards and he now uses his ankle as a knee-length structure.

Long story short, today he was squatting, deadlifting, practicing Olympic lifts, and doing repeated sprints and sled pushes. What is most impressive is he has yet to complain about a single thing, and he has one goal in mind: play wide receiver on his high school football team.

I don't know about anyone else here, but that makes me feel like a complete tool for skipping workouts from time to time.

Ah, youth. And toughness. And optimism. And the power of courage that most people of any age lack. This kid will be good for your professional perspective for decades to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    I have recently started training a 16 year old kid with a history of primary osteosarcoma (an exceptionally deadly form of bone cancer) will four recurrences in his lungs which all required thoracotomies. He was a limb salvage patient while he was undergoing chemotherapy, but he ended up having a transfemoral amputation. The surgeons performed what is called a rotationplasty where they grafted his calf, ankle, and foot onto the residual stump. The graft is placed backwards and he now uses his ankle as a knee-length structure.

Long story short, today he was squatting, deadlifting, practicing Olympic lifts, and doing repeated sprints and sled pushes. What is most impressive is he has yet to complain about a single thing, and he has one goal in mind: play wide receiver on his high school football team.

I don't know about anyone else here, but that makes me feel like a complete tool for skipping workouts from time to time.
    This forum is an amazing place. Amazing kid too.

That fellow is a bona-fide bad-ass.

That is really awesome Will! Thanks for posting