starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan? I have a much better idea: September is Strength Month

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I like the idea (and it seems every cause has staked out a month where it demands attention), but I've been trying to cajole idiots to lift the other 11 months with very little success.

What we need to do is get you on Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast. Fuck Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How's about you guys do something harder -- and yet much more constructive -- than hounding Rogan about me and me about Rogan:

Get somebody to start barbell training next month. Your mom, dad, sister, or brother, or a family friend who needs to train for strength. I know it's easier to post on a board or Facebook about the lack of strength training in MMA, but really, who actually cares about this? Start worrying about the real world, and about people who need to know what we know.

Ideas?
    I have noticed, people seem to respond to examples being set.

My mom started training about 1.5 years ago based on what she saw happening to me.

My sister, changed from being an avid CF'er to training for strength and then asked me to write a program for her.

I was then asked to write a training program for another one of her CF friends who was a new mom and wanted to focus more on strength and actual training.

And i just wrote out a basic LP for her boyfriend who, while a handsome fellow, is now interested in getting strong.

That said, I confess, I do think you and Jim Wendler would be hilarious on Rogan's show, but I hold out ZERO hope.

I got my wife to start lifting with an emphasis on strength this year.
    There's a very skinny, frail friend of mine who's expressed interest recently. He will be my #SeptemberStrong target.

How's about you guys do something harder -- and yet much more constructive -- than hounding Rogan about me and me about Rogan:

Get somebody to start barbell training next month. Your mom, dad, sister, or brother, or a family friend who needs to train for strength. I know it's easier to post on a board or Facebook about the lack of strength training in MMA, but really, who actually cares about this? Start worrying about the real world, and about people who need to know what we know.

Ideas?
    Finally got my wife to start training about 1 month ago. Bought her a 15lb bar to use for her training. Even had her watch a couple of videos from the resource section so she understands what I am trying to explain.

My mom just started lifting this month, and it is so wonderful to see her become more and more confident about it already.

And then my 20 something brother shocked me this week when he asked if I would show him how to squat and deadlift. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Edwards View Post
    #SeptemberStrong because the people love hashtags.
    #Strongtember

you were so close dude

Really looking forward to you discussing this campaign on the Joe Rogan podcast.

So I started working as a trainer at one of the big gyms in NYC recently. I told them in the interview process that I was most interested in teaching barbell training. They let me offer free one on one training to members and start a barbell club once a week, where members can come and powerlift together (totally stole the idea from my PT school which has 2 SSCs). Over 50 members signed up for the one on one, and 6-10 come to BB Club. But the fun part is, women have been the most consistent lifters. They love being able to measure progress every session, and really take pride in setting PRs. It's really rewarding to see a 140 lbs woman deadlift 200, less than a month after starting to lift.

Coach Rip, I look forward to participating in September's seminar in Brooklyn.

Ideas?
    I went to my 35th high school class reunion 2 weeks ago. Since then I've given 2 copies of Starting Strength to guys who asked me, "What are you doing to stay in shape?"

One of the guys was an M.D...

By the way, Amazon is out of stock or they were yesterday.

starting strength coach development program
    Their order is in transit, should be there tomorrow.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast