starting strength gym

Thread: Clean and Press

Default Clean and Press

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip, have you ever written how to properly clean and press?

I tried to C&P in the past, and kind of messed it up.

I guess it's a (former) Olympic Olympic lift, and beyond the scope of your work in strength training, and I guess these lifts are best trained separately, but there was a point where I my cleans and presses were very close in weight, and I wanted to do them together to save a little time.

I could probaby figure it out, but my problem was that my clean grip was wider than my pressing grip, and was unsure whether to catch the bar elbows up, and on my shoulders, and then how to transition from the catch of the clean to the start of the pressing position, with a shoulder width grip and forearms vertical.

We know how to clean. If you're going to clean and press, you just have to learn how to rack the clean using the press grip and start position. See Serge Reding's 502 on Youtube.

Serge's 502 C&P is a thing of wonder.
    I see a narrower grip clean, a press 2.0 hip thrust and perfect rebound timing where the bar is launched exactly when the bar unbends.

He launches the bar from the resting on the front deltoid position, with wrists back, and a small amount of layback.

I'll work on racking the clean in the press position. Definitely not being habituated doing this is what threw me.

Yes, it's best to merge the two positions slowly, or you'll tweak your wrists.

Thank you sir!