starting strength gym

Thread: Sully interviewed: The Cro Podcast

Default Sully interviewed: The Cro Podcast

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    CRO Podcast | Ep. 54 : Dr. Jonathon Sullivan - Step by Step for Strength Training with Age - CRO JOURNAL

The guy is not particularly careful with his details, but Sully raises the bar for him.

Yikes... how did Sully get through that interview without busting out laughing at some point? I was looking at his picture on the iPad, while listening, and could've sworn I saw snot bubbles a couple of times. Now that's not to say I didn't get plenty out Sully's insights, always do. Suffice it to say the man truly has an old soul (respectful and genuine), and a very big heart.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Sully--great presentation, as usual. And hops is right--you have a very big heart, and I even hear tell it bleeds from time to time. You're really a game-changer on this stuff.

Sully is a great spokesperson for the cause.

I would imagine that the kind of bedside manner you'd have to develop to talk to people who you already know will probably ignore your advice transfers to dealing with bros.

Thanks, guys. Cronauer is young, but he's trying to contribute something, and at least he's asking some of the right questions.

More simple than that, really: I'll talk to anybody who'll listen.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Sully is a great spokesperson for the cause.

I would imagine that the kind of bedside manner you'd have to develop to talk to people who you already know will probably ignore your advice transfers to dealing with bros.
    I wanted to point out that there are many "successful" docs who never develop any type of bedside manner.

Sully is a great spokesman because he actually gives a shit.

This was great!

Someday, when I get around to getting certified with Rip, this is the age group I'd like to work with. As I get closer to retirement opening a very small place and having a handful of people there that "want to" train would be a nice change of pace compared to what I do now...

starting strength coach development program
    This interview reminds me that there's a staggering amount of information on this website, and all of it is free. If you simply read every article Sully has written here and watched his videos from the SSC Association Conferences (more to come in due time) plus the video from his presentation at St. Vincent College you'll be significantly ahead of people who really should be more expert in this field. Sometimes an article or video can make something from SSBBT "click" for you, as happened to me with Stef Bradford's astonishing video on the Coaches Eye or Nick Soleyn's piece on the coaches cue vs the lifter's. I learned more about conditioning in one short piece by Stef and Matt Reynolds than I learned in two years of Kettlebell MetCons. Steve Hill's video on the mechanics of human movement will help you develop a well-tuned BS Detector.

I've barely scratched the surface. It's gold mine, and it's all freakin' free.