Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey, who knew??

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    At least you're out of the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by dbp View Post
    Control their food intake.

Many dogs and cats are too fat because they are either free-fed or just fed too much in general.

My wife and I aren't having kids. So I am.

I can make this conscious choice with intact bits because I am a human and not a dog.
    Awesome, so you are actually having your testicles removed? Ask for them back in a jar so you are able to look longingly at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    At least you're out of the gene pool.
    And....

Someone who had not or will not or can't procreate, has a finite carbon/pollution footprint.

Anyone who has procreated, has set up the potential for infinite pollution, regardless of how many plastic bags they refuse to use or shitty cars they proudly drive.

With no offspring, your pollution ends in less than 100years, more or less. Probably less. Buy an SUV, a one ton truck, fly around the world a few times, have a contest to see which wins - your heater vs your air conditioner....it's all small compared to the lesbian couple that went surrogate.

In other words, clipping your nuts is the greenest thing you can do.

I had a superior sized Doberman (about 125) lbs. His nuts were huge. I did not castrate him until he was almost 4 years old. Before I did he would dominate other dogs including my neighbors 150 lb. Rottweiler. He never let another dog out wrestle him, never, his strength, speed and stamina were amazing. One day he sort of snapped at someone, not bite, just snapped, but I got scared he would bite someone, pkus he must be horny, And I could not just let him roam the neighborhood banging bitches, so I did the deed. Well he now became so much more docile. He wouldnt let other dogs necessarily dominate him, but when the battle got heated, he just would prance away. He just lost that whole balls to the walls attitude and was a nice chum.

It appears as though his hormones were important. In some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    (video)
    that was good,

this had me rolling:

starting strength coach development program
    I guess we can add this to the "Hey, who knew??" thread:

Health of purebred vs mixed breed dogs: the actual data

(3/29/2015)

By Carol Beuchat PhD

Much ink has been spilled arguing about the health of mixed breed and purebred dogs. I haven't traced the history of this debate, but I imagine it has been fueled by two issues: first, the high burden of genetic disorders in purebred dogs, and second by the sentiment of some that people should adopt shelter dogs instead of purchasing a purebred. The argument from one side is that mixed breed dogs are healthier than purebreds, and this is rebutted by purebred breeders as a fallacy.

The study by Bellumori et al (2013) used medical records from the veterinary clinic at UC Davis for more than 27,000 dogs and compared the incidence of 24 genetic disorders in mixed versus purebred dogs. The abstract of the paper is included at the bottom of this page.

Here is what they found:

1) The incidence of 10 genetic disorders (42%) was significantly greater in purebred dogs.

2) The incidence of 1 disorder (ruptured cranial cruciate ligament; 4%) was greater in mixed breed dogs.

3) For the rest of the disorders examined, they found no difference in incidence between mixed and purebred dogs.

Health of purebred vs mixed breed dogs: the actual data - The Institute of Canine Biology

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123