starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, who knew??

Default Hey, who knew??

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Early Neuter Doubles The Risk Of Hip Dysplasia In Dogs - New Study

Animal rescue people are usually a giant pain in the ass. They will not like this study. Or, they just may not care.

Eh, risk of health issues vs. a bunch of strays running around. Positives and negatives to everything.

You can be forgiven for missing the point, since in all likelihood you haven't been around these people. They will tell you that it's HEALTHIER for the male dog to have his nuts chopped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Animal rescue people are usually a giant pain in the ass. They will not like this study. Or, they just may not care.
    They won't (care). What they care about is making YOU think THEY care more than YOU do because they want YOU to feel guilty and change something about what you're doing/thinking, etc. This principle is applicable in many areas of human social interaction in these United States.

The consequences of what their care brings? Well, that's for someone else to care about...

They will tell you that it's HEALTHIER for the male dog to have his nuts chopped off.
    It's been in vogue amongst certain people to consider testosterone unhealthy. This is a facet of it.

Can they not do vasectomies for dogs, or are they too expensive or something?

They will tell you that it's HEALTHIER for the male dog to have his nuts chopped off.
    Well, it is probably beneficial for his health for him not to be thrown across the room when he tries to hump someone's leg. Then again, being neutered doesn't stop some dogs.

Twenty five years ago, when we got our Chocolate Lab, our vet advocated for early neutering. That ol' boy went to his reward at age fourteen due to cancer.

Two year ago we got a Black Lab and our new vet said to keep him intact for as long as you can. We weren't gonna clip him anyway, but it was nice to have the vet in our corner.

Keeps us out of public "dog parks" but that's no loss...

You can be forgiven for missing the point, since in all likelihood you haven't been around these people. They will tell you that it's HEALTHIER for the male dog to have his nuts chopped off.

Meanwhile, you don't see too many eunuch veterinarians. Wonder why?

The only cancer neutering is guaranteed to prevent is testicular.

I got a black and a yellow Lab puppies in 2005, never neutered them. I lost the black one to bone cancer in 2013. I read some research that neutered dogs are at increased risk for bone cancer. He was part Rottweiler, osteosarcoma is endemic/genetic in that breed.

The yellow Lab is still going strong.

The only advantage I've seen in neutering is males are less aggressive towards other males.

A neighbor had a non-neutered male that would try to scrap with mine, two weeks after he was neutered, they could play off leash with each other without a problem.

starting strength coach development program
    I left my chocolate lab with his nuts because he was such a tiny runt when we got him I didn't want to risk him not growing enough . The vet was constantly pestering us to get him to lose "2 stone". Obviously it is easy money for them. But his nature is so good, balls an' all, there would be no upside to chopping him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast