starting strength gym
Page 104 of 301 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    I think a lot of the fight scenes in The Matrix trilogy did a good job (and yes, there are exceptions, even within this clip) of using both techniques of long following shots intermixed with quick cuts to convey dynamic action. The chalet scene is a good example:

Good example. They are just tools/techniques. One can either use or misuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    I believe that the director for both John Wick films was the stunt coordinator for much of the Matrix films.

Jackie is the master of that though

Heat was a decent film, the robbery scene at the end was really great. I think that I was really let down by DeNiro and Pacino's chemistry, I just don't think they had it together in that one.

One movie that I have always felt used the shaky cam to its advantage and enhanced the movie experience was Saving Private Ryan. That opening Normandy sequence was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by gc1885 View Post
    One movie that I have always felt used the shaky cam to its advantage and enhanced the movie experience was Saving Private Ryan. That opening Normandy sequence was incredible.
    I agree. It makes sense there because they were trying to convey utter chaos and carnage and most of the characters on screen were disoriented and in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I love how these people are the technology to travel across the cosmos but think because the planet they're traversing has an atmosphere suitable for human life, somehow it is OKAY to not have any kind of suits on, as if there no chance for biological contamination because the atmosphere can support human life. It is just absolutely fucking amazing.

And how about that sillyass artificial gravity on their ship? Such bullshit. And they keep getting bitten by Facehuggers, like they've never seen the first movie! Fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And they keep getting bitten by Facehuggers, like they've never seen the first movie!
    The audience certainly did

starting strength coach development program
    Let's get back to superheroes. Take careful note of all the easter eggs in this one: