starting strength gym
Page 111 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have never seen a movie written by Stephen King that 1.) I thought was even remotely scary, or 2.) that I wanted to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    When you think about it, the plot of Logan is basically the same as the last Mad Max movie. They could have called it Wolverine: Fury Road. Sometimes simple is better.

Unless it's Last of the Mohicans, Donnie Darko, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., the original Star Wars movies...
    What was wrong with the director's cut on Last of the Mohicans?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have never seen a movie written by Stephen King that 1.) I thought was even remotely scary, or 2.) that I wanted to see again.
    I thought Frank Darabont's adaptation of The Mist was quite good, and fairly frightening (I watched the black and white version)

And I thought Stand by Me was a beautiful film (based on the short story "The Body", which was also wonderful).

Granted, Stephen King wasn't involved in the production of these movies (as far as I know).

Agree on 1.
    Regarding #2, I thought Shawshank Redemption was cool, watched it a few times.

I didn't know Stephen King wrote Shawshank Redemption. I have never seen it, don't intend to. I don't watch prison movies, or movies about families in suburban areas that are intended to be romantic comedies, or movies starring Jennifer Aniston.

I didn't know Stephen King wrote Shawshank Redemption. I have never seen it, don't intend to. I don't watch prison movies, or movies about families in suburban areas that are intended to be romantic comedies, or movies starring Jennifer Aniston.
    Shawshank Redemption is an incredible movie, and to think of it as a simply "prison movie" is as useless as characterizing 2001 a space Odyssey as a "spaceship movie".

Yep. King wrote it under a pen name, "Bachman". Also, unknown to even many King fans, King wrote Running Man, which the 80's Schwarzenegger movie was based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    What was wrong with the director's cut on Last of the Mohicans?
    A large amount of Nathaniel/Hawkeye's dialogue in the theatrical cut has been removed. Overall, it's the same story, and if, for some reason, you want a more quiet/stoic Hawkeye, then I suppose the Director's Cut is for you. For me, the result is a Hawkeye with far less personality:

• After telling Major Heyward that he ain't no scout, and ain't in no damn militia, Hawkeye's line "Clear it up any?" has been deleted.

• At night in the burial ground, Hawkeye's line about his father saying "Do not try to understand them, and do not make them try to understand you, for they are a breed apart and make no sense," and Cora's response later have been deleted.

• The dialogues: Cora: "A breed apart, we make no sense?" Hawkeye: "In your particular case, miss, I'd make allowance." Cora: "Thank you so much." have been deleted. Later the line "So we would know both worlds." was added as Hawkeye explained that his father was sent to school when he was 10. No time difference.

• The dialogue "We just dropped in to see how you boys were doing." was deleted.

• Hawkeye's statement to Major Heyward in the Fort, "Someday you and I are going to have a serious disagreement," has been removed.

• When escaping in the canoes Hawkeye's line "Got nothing better to do on the lake today, Major?" has been deleted.

Among other things: The Last of the Mohicans (1992) - Alternate Versions - IMDb.

King's book "Running Man" was great. It concluded with the main character (the protagonist fighting an evil corporation that murdered people on live television to boost ratings) engaging in a suicide attack by flying a jet into the evil corporation's skyscraper headquarters. So a remake, more in keeping with the original text, will probably never be made.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Shawshank Redemption is an incredible movie,
    So I've heard. I don't watch prison movies.