starting strength gym
Page 12 of 301 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Watched Bone Tomahawk. Just a one-timer, some problems with the story development that bothered us. But it's important to watch Kurt Russell movies, because he is cool and he deserves our support.

You can watch it at your house on DVD, like I did. John Wick is on the table, next.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Watched Bone Tomahawk. Just a one-timer, some problems with the story development that bothered us. But it's important to watch Kurt Russell movies, because he is cool and he deserves our support.
    Agreed. The characters were believable and interesting, but the plot arc was just missing some things.

San Andreas is a fun disaster flik.

Has Duane Johnson in it.

Hero's, bad guys, some plot twists, cool earthquake scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    San Andreas is a fun disaster flik.

Has Duane Johnson in it.

Hero's, bad guys, some plot twists, cool earthquake scenes.
    I support the Rock. I will watch anything he is in, even if it sucks. Like Fast and Furious...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I found it to be a Cowboys vs Indians version of True Grit. Quite a bit of the cinematography reminded me of True Grit, especially the part where the Mexican scouts are shot. And then one has the politically correct version of the Indian to kill, the Troglodytes. I too agree with story development part.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgmo View Post
    That movie and ex-machina are the two best pieces of original sci-fi to come out in the past 5 years. Inception coming in close to them.
    Those three and Interstellar too

The Kingsman is pretty good. The baddy is Samuel L Jackson playing some rich eco-warrior that wants to destroy the human race apart from a selected elite.

Kingsman - IMDB

Watched John Wick last night. Reeves was fine because he had no lines. The gunfight choreography was masterful, like a long kata with pistols.

some good recommendations in this thread. Watched Edge of Tomorrow and John Wick recently. Both pretty cool - really enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow. The armbar escape in John Wick could've been done better though. And goddamn that puppy was cute, broke my fucking heart.

"Drive" is an excellent flick. The sounds plays a major role, so be sure to watch with good headphones or speaker system.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JCavin View Post
    I support the Rock. I will watch anything he is in, even if it sucks. Like Fast and Furious...
    So you've seen Hercules? Cuz that was godawful.

Nobody has mentioned Serenity yet? Some of Joss's best work. (Not as good as Firefly, but still, very good.)

I also quite enjoyed The Adjustment Bureau -- mostly for one speech in the movie, but DAMN, it was a good speech.