starting strength gym
Page 121 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ditto the love for Prometheus----it would stand fairly on its own merit if expectations didn't poison the well before release. There's as much to appreciate in the background on this as the foreground---behind the scenes on this is one of the few movies that makes it worth it. And honestly has some of the most chilling cinematography of ANY film. Script needed some doctoring, but generally a provocative, tense film.

Legend is another of those "divisive" films. I count this as one of my fav's. Curry as Darkness really is money. Unlike every James Cameron film ever, it really pays to watch the director's cut of this film. Gone are the Vangelis score and haphazard jumps in story---the score (Goldsmith, I believe) is absolutely fantastic and changes the whole vibe. This movie really is an "impressionist" movie, if there ever was one. One of the few straight up fantasies out there.

And---took the tots to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this past weekend. A lot of fun--highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Saw the 2004 film "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story"

The bad were all from a gym called 'Globo Gym' which I didn't catch before this.
    The source of the term. Tell your CF friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Walterdavidwatson View Post
    Ditto the love for Prometheus----it would stand fairly on its own merit if expectations didn't poison the well before release. There's as much to appreciate in the background on this as the foreground---behind the scenes on this is one of the few movies that makes it worth it. And honestly has some of the most chilling cinematography of ANY film. Script needed some doctoring, but generally a provocative, tense film.

Legend is another of those "divisive" films. I count this as one of my fav's. Curry as Darkness really is money. Unlike every James Cameron film ever, it really pays to watch the director's cut of this film. Gone are the Vangelis score and haphazard jumps in story---the score (Goldsmith, I believe) is absolutely fantastic and changes the whole vibe. This movie really is an "impressionist" movie, if there ever was one. One of the few straight up fantasies out there.

And---took the tots to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 this past weekend. A lot of fun--highly recommend.
    Maybe I didn't see the directors cut you mentioned (I know there are like 6 different versions of Legend, with the US version being the one that ruined it). I'll make sure I see it again with the true directors cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Walterdavidwatson View Post
    Ditto the love for Prometheus----it would stand fairly on its own merit if expectations didn't poison the well before release. There's as much to appreciate in the background on this as the foreground---behind the scenes on this is one of the few movies that makes it worth it. And honestly has some of the most chilling cinematography of ANY film. Script needed some doctoring, but generally a provocative, tense film..

Agreed. I generally loved Prometheus, frustrating script aside. Beutiful cinematography, really nothing else like it out there.

I saw Alien Covenant last night. I think it will split down the middle like Prometheus. I for one thought it was great. If recycled a little bit too much from past Alien iterations. Really great solid film.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Saw the 2004 film "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story"

The bad were all from a gym called 'Globo Gym' which I didn't catch before this.
    The Purple Cobras!

Deadwood fans: Powers Boothe (Cy Tolliver) has passed away.
    Powers Boothe, actor in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D," dies at 68

Well, hell. A fine Texas actor.

The Expanse is another great new sci-fi offering. You can stream it on Syfy or order the DVD's off of Amazon. Season 2 comes out on DVD the 18th of July. The book series is well written and the show uses the writers of the books to develop the screen plays, so it stays pretty true to the core of the original stories. Some things have to be changed for TV, but nothing major.

Movies, Huck. BTW, I watched Doctor Strange again last night. It's perhaps the hardest Marvel script to follow, and the special effects are overly ambitious, but it's a nice addition to the Universe.

starting strength coach development program
    I know. I saw Deadwood mentioned, and The Expanse is movie quality--it's too big for a movie. So I broke the thread topic, somewhat.

Strange was pretty good, thought GOTG Vol. 2, was not as good as the first, but worth seeing. Definitely worth waiting to rent.