Page 133 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Anybody heard anything about Dunkirk?
    Heard only. Haven't seen it. Reports from friends are that it is fantastic. Intense I heard more than once. Not a movie for escapism. More of a plunge into the visceral nature of war. From previews alone I would concur with that. Every time I saw trailers I thought, wow....but I'm not sure I'm up for the challenge.

Comparisons will be drawn with Saving Private Ryan, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Heard only. Haven't seen it. Reports from friends are that it is fantastic. Intense I heard more than once. Not a movie for escapism. More of a plunge into the visceral nature of war. From previews alone I would concur with that. Every time I saw trailers I thought, wow....but I'm not sure I'm up for the challenge.
    The best actor in the western world, Mark Rylance, is in it. Not sure how big of a part he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Anybody heard anything about Dunkirk?
    Saw it last night. Worth seeing on the big screen. Saving Private Ryan level action and story, falling short of that standard for effects and script -very sparse dialogue, and not always intelligible. Not sure how I feel about ending with Churchill's words about the "new world" needing to engage.

I thought Dunkirk was great. But it's name should be changed to Suspense: The Movie.

I thought Dunkirk was more relentingly intense than Saving Private Ryan. Far less down time between action, torpedoes, air attacks, etc. I have to admit, sometimes the accents of the RAF guys were a little impenetrable with their oxygen masks on. Also the sounds of the Stukas with their Gabriel horns in dive attack were really rattling. I can see why they got used to fuck the enemies heads.

Dunkirk was one the best films I have seen in a long time. I strongly recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by Drmwc View Post
    Dunkirk was one the best films I have seen in a long time. I strongly recommend it
    Even with the lack of diversity???

USA Today Complains About Lack of 'Women' and 'No Lead Actors of Color' in Movie 'Dunkirk' | Daily Wire

Quote Originally Posted by Drmwc View Post
    Better than "Fury" or even "Hacksaw Ridge"?? I just saw both of these last week and was thoroughly impressed!

starting strength coach development program
    Fury and Kelly's Heroes demonstrate that you can make a great tank movie with either 1 or 3 tanks.