starting strength gym
Page 147 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Logan was a sad movie and very well done. It's generally the movie I recommend to people who won't watch superhero movies.

Bought tickets to Thor:Ragnarok, really looking forward to it.

Rewatched Fire Walk With Me (1992) in preparation for the third season of Twin Peaks. Wow, that is without a doubt one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    Has anyone seen Get Out which was a released earlier this year? Bloody good film, which I will very loosely describe as concerning a young black American man who, with some trepidation, agrees to meet his white girlfriend's parents one weekend.

The film has been classed as horror, which might seem odd from the above description, but it progressively gets weirder and creepier, with a lot of racial and social commentary. It's slow-paced, but very enjoyably so.
    Get Out is a great movie. My wife and I don't go to the movies that much these days, but this was one of the films I was following for a while and really wanted to see, and she was intrigued by the idea. We both really enjoyed it. I also like how you can't really give a straight forward answer when someone asks you what it's about, or you'll *kind of* ruin the movie. It's definitely has a horror film feel too it, with a lot of social and psychological thriller aspects.

I would compare it to the likes of Black Swan (2010), American Psycho (2000), and The Machinist (2004).

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyLips View Post
    I know my reaction to seeing it the first time was "huh?" A few years later, when my roommate watched it, he had the same reaction.

If you have seen the original a couple times (particularly one of the good cuts) and didn't like it, I doubt you're going to like the new one. And I say that as someone who wanted to see 2049 be a big success.
    I've only seen it once and think I will try it again before the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Rewatched Fire Walk With Me (1992) in preparation for the third season of Twin Peaks. Wow, that is without a doubt one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.
    That just made me think of Wolf Creek (2005). I very much enjoy horror movies but that one pushed buttons in ways that made me profoundly uncomfortable - I guess a good sign for a horror movie.

Just saw Brawl in Cell Block 99. It takes a while to get going but overall good. There is some pretty graphic violence in it.

Fire Walk With Me is great. Happy to see some Twin Peaks love in here.

Just watched The Train (1964, dir: John Frankenheimer). Apparently this was the inspiration for Die Hard. Burt Lancaster is a Frenchman trying to prevent a train full of French art masterpieces from being taken out of the country by Nazis. Some great set-pieces and truly moving moments. Eight thumbs up.

Hey Rip, did you watch 'Logan'? Thoughts. I've expressed how much I enjoyed that film.

Just re-watched Pale Rider (all this Shane talk got me looking at the other remakes). Except for a few cringe-worthy sections of dialogue, and a very 80's bland orchestral soundtrack, a good movie. Made me miss my mountains, though, (most of the movie was filmed in Idaho in the Sawtooth Recreation Area)--I spent a good amount of my teenage summers in those very woods.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Hey Rip, did you watch 'Logan'? Thoughts. I've expressed how much I enjoyed that film.
    Watched it the other night. I need to see it again, but my impression was that it was a completely different take on the genre.

starting strength coach development program
    ''Shot Caller''
    ''Centurion''