starting strength gym
Page 148 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Watched it the other night. I need to see it again, but my impression was that it was a completely different take on the genre.
    By different take do you mean "excellent"? Seriously though it's the best of all the "X" films bar none. Being somewhat based on Mark Millar's "Old Man Logan" I love that they went with a noir-ish tone. I have yet to see the black and white version they released but I imagine it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Powers View Post
    ''Shot Caller''
    ''Centurion''

Centurion is a great hidden gem on Netflix!!!

Ordered Centurion and Jonah Hex. But every time I watch Watchmen I am impressed by the damn thing. An amazingly careful, complex movie. If you have not seen it, I insist that you do.

Ordered Centurion and Jonah Hex. But every time I watch Watchmen I am impressed by the damn thing. An amazingly careful, complex movie. If you have not seen it, I insist that you do.
    The only thing I remember about Jonah Hex was it being painfully awful to watch. Although my expectations may have been too high at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    By different take do you mean "excellent"? Seriously though it's the best of all the "X" films bar none. Being somewhat based on Mark Millar's "Old Man Logan" I love that they went with a noir-ish tone. I have yet to see the black and white version they released but I imagine it would be perfect.
    Rare to see a superhero movie with such a dark tone work so well. Watchmen is the only other one I can think of that comes close.

Ha. Zack Snyder's only decent movie!

You will not be let down by Centurion, but Jonah Hex...ehhh not a favorite of mine. I do agree with you on Watchmen though. It is very well layered and well written!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
    Rare to see a superhero movie with such a dark tone work so well. Watchmen is the only other one I can think of that comes close.
    Agreed, I was secretly hoping Snyder would have captured that kind of feel for Dawn of Justice because I really like The Dark Knight Returns...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek
    Ha. Zack Snyder's only decent movie!
    I'll probably get destroyed for this, but I liked Man of Steel (the ONLY Superman movie I've liked) and even *gulp* Dawn of Justice if we're talking the extended version. The theatrical version tripped all over itself, but I liked the full director's cut and I actually love the way Ben Affleck is playing Batman... I'd go so far as to say he's probably my favorite take on Bruce Wayne so far... there's plenty of time to screw it up though...

I liked Man of Steel just fine. Best since the Reeve Superman.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    Ben Affleck is playing Batman... I'd go so far as to say he's probably my favorite take on Bruce Wayne so far... there's plenty of time to screw it up though...
    Then too, there's always Aflac's portrayal of Superman in Hollywoodland. Very odd and dark movie.