starting strength gym
Page 149 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Ordered Centurion and Jonah Hex. But every time I watch Watchmen I am impressed by the damn thing. An amazingly careful, complex movie. If you have not seen it, I insist that you do.
    Alan Moore, the guy who wrote the Watchmen comics, is terrific. He also wrote V for Vendetta.

Frank Miller is another author whose comics turned out well in big screen. 300 and Sin Cityare both based on his comics.

Rewatched Rush (2013) on the flight from DFW back home Sunday; I had forgotten just how good this movie is. Ron Howard's best film since Apollo 13 in my opinion. Exceptional performances by both Chris Helmsworth (James Hunt) & Daniel Bruhl (Niki Lauda).

I know nothing about Formula 1 racing--and have no interest in it--but it's just a great film. Worth your time if you haven't seen it.

I liked Man of Steel just fine. Best since the Reeve Superman.
    What did you like about it? I couldn't stop laughing during the Zod fight. Ridiculous.

I liked the script, the special effects, and the acting. I didn't let one scene interfere with the movie. But some people just cannot be entertained.

I liked the script, the special effects, and the acting. I didn't let one scene interfere with the movie. But some people just cannot be entertained.
    I'll be honest and say I didn't mind Batman vs. Superman--the extended cut helped fix some things. In the pantheon of superhero movies it doesn't rank where it should have, but anyone remember Superman IV: The Quest for Peace? But, I am getting bad juju from the previews for Dawn of Justice, that may stink on ice.

Watched Dr. Strange again last night. The difference between the Marvel movies and all the stuff that gets done under the DC label is pretty stark. Marvel is always entertaining, while DC is sometimes entertaining. I always watch the Marvel movies more than once.

Honestly the only DC Cinematic Universe movies I've actually liked were Man of Steel (which I thought was alright) and Wonder Woman (which I thought was fantastic). Sidenote: Gal Gadot is almost painfully good looking, even if she is a bit thin for the role of Diana.

Off-topic from superhero movies: Rewatched Brotherhood of the Wolf for the first time in years. Yeah it's kind of silly, but damn the atmosphere is fantastic and I've always had a soft spot for the movie. Watching it set me off on a Werewolf movie spree (my favorite mythological creature for whatever reason). Rewatched Dog Soldiers and Wolfen. The former has to be one of the best examples of a high quality "b-movie" I've ever seen. Wolfen on the other hand is just fucking weird, but in a good way I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatamon View Post
    Watching it set me off on a Werewolf movie spree (my favorite mythological creature for whatever reason). Rewatched Dog Soldiers and Wolfen. The former has to be one of the best examples of a high quality "b-movie" I've ever seen. Wolfen on the other hand is just fucking weird, but in a good way I think.
    By all means, see The Wolfman (2010). Hopkins and Del Toro, an excellent monster movie, maybe the best I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    I'll probably get destroyed for this, but I liked Man of Steel (the ONLY Superman movie I've liked) and even *gulp* Dawn of Justice if we're talking the extended version.
    I enjoyed Man of Steel, but the fighting and destruction was drawn out too long. Reminded me of the excessive action in the Transformers movies. The extended version of Dawn of Justice was also watchable, but I thought Jesse Eisenberg's Luther was absolutely abysmal.

starting strength coach development program
    By all means, see The Wolfman (2010). Hopkins and Del Toro, an excellent monster movie, maybe the best I've seen.
    Definitely agreed, great movie. Hopkins especially was fantastic.