starting strength gym
Page 151 of 301 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I really stopped being interested in the Marvel flicks after maybe Avengers: Age of Ultron. Doctor Strange was to me incredibly dull and predictable; however, they did introduce some incredibly unique new FX visuals. Ant Man was a big waste of my viewing time.

I'm sorry that so many people have been dissatisfied by the all of four WB/DC offerings, i.e., versus Disney/Marvel's 16 movies to date.
    The DC movies lack likeable characters and an element of fun, that goes a long way to make the Marvel offerings watchable even if the film is actually crappy.

I watch movies to get away from reality and politics and all the other stuff crammed down our throats daily.

Explosions, face punching and the suspension of physics can distract me enough to ignore it even in a film filled with messages.

Just watched Iron Man again--what an excellent film. Not sure what Marvel will do without RDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Tarantino is a leftist Hollywood turd who makes excellent movies on occasion. Since I am capable of being entertained, I can even watch Tom Cruise in a movie and enjoy the performance in the role without letting the reality of his personal situation interfere. I think that movies are important, in that they provide us with a medium of escape into a fictional situation for a couple of hours, and I'm not going to let politics take that away from me just yet. It's MY mind, not Tarantino's, and I'll use it the way I see fit.
    If you're looking for movies not made by Hollywood leftists, you're probably stuck with John Milius or something (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

The Wind and The Lion is one of my Top 10.

Oh, man. Milius directed a bunch of great movies. Dillinger. TWatL. Big Wednesday. Farewell to the King. I even like that miniseries he did on Teddy Roosevelt "The Rough Riders."

Not to swing this back to comic book movies, but Ragnarok was AWESOME...

Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    Not to swing this back to comic book movies, but Ragnarok was AWESOME...
    I heard otherwise.

Totally agree! Just saw it with my 9 yr old (a handy excuse for me to go to the movies) and loved it! Maybe the best Marvel film so far.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I heard otherwise.
    Tone-wise it was much closer to Guardians than the other two Thor movies. It's definitely not cinematic gold or anything that will go down as film history, but like you've said, Marvel is damn good at making entertaining movies and even my wife who I drag to all this nerdy crap had a good time.