starting strength gym
Page 158 of 301 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatamon View Post
    Not strictly speaking a movie I've seen, since it isn't out yet, but the *Infinity War* trailer came out and I gotta say, I'm sort of hyped for it.
    It gave me chills. But don't listen to me, I like Guardians.
    Personally, I'm not thrilled with their depiction of Thor. Got nothing against Chris Hemsworth, that's just not my picture of Thor. We gotta sort put that shit aside though because we weren't the ones paying the cost to be that boss. I hope people will apply that and just enjoy that vision for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamZiegler View Post
    Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Easy to watch scifi adventure film. If you enjoyed the Fifth Element, I think your would find this worth watching. It was written and directed by the same writer and director of the Fifth Element and it has a similar feel. I do not think the plot is as strong as the Fifth Element, but it is still entertaining.
    I didn’t like Valerian at all. The main guy character whines constantly, and the main girl was an unbelievable bitch. And somehow we were supposed to believe that the whiny guy was actually a player who despite having his pick of women is desperate to marry the brat. The special effects were great, the acting was great, but the script was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    It gave me chills. But don't listen to me, I like Guardians.
    Personally, I'm not thrilled with their depiction of Thor. Got nothing against Chris Hemsworth, that's just not my picture of Thor. We gotta sort put that shit aside though because we weren't the ones paying the cost to be that boss. I hope people will apply that and just enjoy that vision for what it is.
    I always find it puzzling how it seems so many people here dislike Hemsworth's Thor. If it's the writing or dialogue or even his acting skills, that I can understand.

But the guy killed himself in the gym to meet the look for the role, I thought people here would hook in to that ;-) In fact, I recall an interview he did along with Chris Evans (Captain America) right when the first Avengers movie came out, and the interviewer asked them about getting buff for the roles, and Evans essentially rolled his eyes and said if he never set foot in a gym again, it would be too soon - but Hemsworth noted he really liked the squatting and deadlifting and moving heavy weights and eating like an animal, and he wanted to continue lifting even when the movie was done. Clearly he didn't keep up with that, given that Moby Dick movie he did with Ron Howard where he dropped to an ungodly low weight for the role, but still, I appreciate the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by tbennett View Post
    I always find it puzzling how it seems so many people here dislike Hemsworth's Thor.
    Let me explain:

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Let me explain:

Touche.

Alas that Vladimir Kulich (Buliwyf in "The 13th Warrior") was considered too old for the role, he seems like he has the physicality and gravitas to pull it off.

He would have been a fine Thor.

Saw "mother!" Was a little to contrived and on the nose for me to enjoy it. Seemed really pretentious.

Anyone see Jarhead? What did you think of it.

I'm a bit behind on movies but came across some cuts on "Lawless" with Tom Brady on running moonshine. Looks like a good ass kickin' guy movie. What say you?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by boarshead View Post
    I'm a bit behind on movies but came across some cuts on "Lawless" with Tom Brady on running moonshine. Looks like a good ass kickin' guy movie. What say you?
    I don't like anything with Tom Brady...

but the one with Tom Hardy was pretty good lol