starting strength gym
Page 159 of 301 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by boarshead View Post
    I'm a bit behind on movies but came across some cuts on "Lawless" with Tom Brady on running moonshine. Looks like a good ass kickin' guy movie. What say you?
    You've got your Tom's mixed up, sir. But Lawless is one great movie. See it, and then see it again.

Thanks Styn. Meant Tom Hardy but was working on a glass of bourbon and getting sleepy. I'll check it out. Looks good. All the best, Don.

A movie I just saw, that will have missed the international front, is Tuntematon Sotilas (The Unknown Soldier). It's a remake of the 1955 film of the same name, based on Väinö Linna's novel of the same name.

It's about the Winter War and the Continuation War during WWII here in Finland, and the 1955 film is sort of the national film of Finland.

It's a pretty hard thing to watch, probably especially as a Finn. In large part, this is due to the fact that like the original novel, both films are war films, but distinctly and critically, anti-war films. Both films are mostly not about glory, but the horror of war and the sacrifices made.

The 2017 version did a frankly surprisingly good job as a remake. It was definitely a good film for 2017, the 100 year anniversary of Finnish independence. If anybody is here is interested in foreign (as in, non-US films) and the second world war, I would definitely recommend a watch, if you can get your hands on it.

Every time I watch it, I am impressed with how good a movie Bladerunner: The Final Cut actually is. You people who haven't watched it, stop what you're doing and watch it. Masterpiece, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Every time I watch it, I am impressed with how good a movie Bladerunner: The Final Cut actually is. You people who haven't watched it, stop what you're doing and watch it. Masterpiece, really.
    Dunno why, but every time I've tried to watch it I find it a snoozefest. (And I enjoy complex films / books / investigations etc.)

Lawless has some very good moments, not a great movie but worth the watch
    The Drop is another good slow burn of a movie with Tom Hardy, very satisfying wrap up.
    Currently watching The Raid ...redemption. Excellent old school choreography, will now have to watch what ever "The Raids" prior to this one

Watched American Assassin this weekend. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. I didn't have a high expectation for it, but I was bored..............plot holes, terrible acting, not great fight scenes. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Musser View Post
    Lawless has some very good moments, not a great movie but worth the watch
    The Drop is another good slow burn of a movie with Tom Hardy, very satisfying wrap up.
    Currently watching The Raid ...redemption. Excellent old school choreography, will now have to watch what ever "The Raids" prior to this one
    The Raid Redemption is the first movie. The second movie is The Raid Berandal. It is also very good. These are two of the best martial arts movies I’ve ever seen. Some really good Indonesian Silat. The director talked about how the actors/stuntmen would really hit each other when filming. There was talk about a U.S. remake but it would probably suck since that can’t do those kind of stunts with American actors.

Thanks Sniper, I will check it out

starting strength coach development program
    Saw The Disaster Artist yesterday, its an absolute must see for anyone who even remotely enjoyed the masterpiece that is The Room... Franco absolutely disappears...