starting strength gym
Page 163 of 301 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't have Netflix, but if the critics' kicking the shit out of it is any indication, it's probably pretty good.
    Solidly entertaining. Those with a predisposition to enjoying Will Smith movies will like it more. I haven't liked one of his movies since I Am Legend, but this one was entertaining. The guy who plays the orc cop was brilliant in that role, and that was easily the best part of the movie. He is a complete doofus and it works well in the movie.

The previews with strong racial and political overtones certainly turned me off on Bright.

I did watch it after a buddy’s recommendation and it is quite interesting. Strong fantasy elements.

The first five minutes are somewhat terrible, but they do set the tone for the character.

Maggie Cho also makes an appearance as the least believable cop in movie history.

Watched The Founders with Michael Keaton about the guys who originally started McDonald's (known more fully as McDonald's Burgers). Keaton plays Ray Kroc, who brought the restaurant from a few isolated national chains to international madness. He was also a bit of a dick. Another example of the Big Guys screws the Little Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post

Maggie Cho also makes an appearance as the least believable cop in movie history.
    I enjoyed her character. I thought she was really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Solidly entertaining. Those with a predisposition to enjoying Will Smith movies will like it more. I haven't liked one of his movies since I Am Legend, but this one was entertaining. The guy who plays the orc cop was brilliant in that role, and that was easily the best part of the movie. He is a complete doofus and it works well in the movie.
    Did you ever read the original novel? One of my favorite vampire stories of all time. That movie COMPLETELY missed on opportunity to be amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Button View Post
    Watched The Founders with Michael Keaton about the guys who originally started McDonald's (known more fully as McDonald's Burgers). Keaton plays Ray Kroc, who brought the restaurant from a few isolated national chains to international madness. He was also a bit of a dick. Another example of the Big Guys screws the Little Guy.
    Was it though? I have been meaning to watch it namely because I read this first...

There Is No Human Right to a Big Mac - Foundation for Economic Education - Working for a free and prosperous world

(not trying to steer this off course, but it's a relevant article to the movie/story)

Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    Did you ever read the original novel? One of my favorite vampire stories of all time. That movie COMPLETELY missed on opportunity to be amazing...
    The other thing it completely missed was the point of the story. This is not a good guy saves us from Vampires story, it is far more along the same theme as the original Planet of the Apes.
    There is simply no way someone could read the book, decide to make it into a film and come up with that film. And so the only way you get a film like that, one that so staggeringly misunderstands the point, is studio interference (or maybe even lead actor interference who wanted his character to be the hero). In that sense it is a film that represents everything that is wrong with Hollywood and the big studio approach to film making. It is a place where complex, interesting stories go to die, and that is why people who disliked the film so much did so, despite it being a fairly entertaining 2 hours.

I'm lost. Bright the novel was a vampire story?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm lost. Bright the novel was a vampire story?
    Will Smith's I Am Legend.

Okay. The Omega Man reboot.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    I liked the movie. I thought his performance bordered on being brilliant given the lack of any supporting cast, and his portrayal of a slow descent into madness was really good. He's a talented actor when given the chance, but he tends to be type-casted into the "one liner guy in movies", which is a shame, because he has the potential to be brilliant. I wouldn't call the movie "amazing", but man, did that movie waste some potential. Along with the movie "Sunshine", it stands really high on my list of " fuck, that was really close to being great".