starting strength gym
Page 171 of 301 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Pretty disturbing, even if it is derivative at several levels.
    That's a really polite way of saying "kinda sucked".

I wanted to like it, I really did, but there was way too much stupid on too many levels. Lazy concept and lazy writing.

Speaking of classic westerns, I have to say "The Cowboys" with John Wayne remains one of my all time favorites. A classic story of boys becoming men, and the power of role models in that transformation. A damned good flick...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Absolutely love Jake Gyllenhaal.
    The name Jake Gyllenhaal will forever remind me of the "Snake Gyllenhaal" scene in Central Intelligence. A really stupid movie, but that scene was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Joksimovic View Post
    That's a really polite way of saying "kinda sucked".

I wanted to like it, I really did, but there was way too much stupid on too many levels. Lazy concept and lazy writing.
    I think that "disturbing" in this sense as it relates to Life actually means disturbing. Some parts were a little silly, but it was also disturbing. The word I used was "sickening."

Watched Victor/Victoria the other night. One of my favorite movies. Blake Edwards is just a funny human being, and he makes very clever visual comedies. Julie Andrews is a stunning beauty, physically and vocally. Alex Karras and Jim Garner are fabulous, and Edwards' usual assembly of character actors really makes this underrated gem one of the best music-based comedies of all time. Watch it.

GoodFellas is on Netflix right now. Brutal, hilarious, sad. The prison cooking sequence is one of my favorite of all time.

The Cloverfield Paradox was a bait and switch. Showed a little bit of promise early on, but it ended up being just a bunch of complete nonsense crap with no payoff. I read somewhere that the studio may just be buying up unused scripts, tweaking them, and slapping the "Cloverfield" name on it to force a tie-in. After the stupid/confusing ending to 10 Cloverfield Lane (which was otherwise a decent movie) it seems very plausible.

The Cloverfield Paradox is a worse version of Life dumped onto Netflix. Seems like they realized their movie was garbage, then reshot some stuff, and gave it the Cloverfield name. I hope this isn't a projection for the future of "direct to Netflix" or "direct to Amazon" films. I think we all wish theaters would die, but this is not the way to do it.

Saw "The Ritual" on Netflix last night. Fairly clever suspense/horror movie with some cool ties to Norse Mythology. Not saying it was amazing, but I did like it and I hate the suspense/horror genre. The Norse stuff was a welcome change.

starting strength coach development program
    Which one? The are several with that title.