starting strength gym
Page 194 of 301 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnlock View Post
    Atomic Blonde impresses me the most with the one-shot staircase fight, where she fucks up the big Russian dude(s?).
    That was an amazing scene, and I have no idea how they did this with Charlize Theron.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    I don't think either is very scary, but I like The Shining more, mostly because Jack Nicholson is hilariously good.
    Right. It's almost a comedy.

Re-watched "Hell or High Water". It's slow, but purposeful. And national treasure Jeff Bridges is outstanding, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Scariest movie ever made remains The Exorcist.
    I had the pleasure of watching this at the drive-in in my parent's van. My two buddies went into the concession to get something to eat and left me alone in the van for a good portion of the movie. I was scared stupid.

Utterly enjoyed Bad Times at the El Royale. Intelligent and well-crafted. I was surprised that I didn't figure out who was on the secret tape sooner. No spoilers but anyone else here watched this one?

I should have followed this thread right from the get go, as I've noted several movies to order. I'm now almost 900 posts into this thread and haven't seen a couple of movies that I have quite liked over the years.

Comedy - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - I've watched this several times over the years and always get a kick out of it.

Drama - Once upon a time in America - Longer movie but well worth it.

Recent - The accountant - started off kind of weird but ended up being a pretty good movie

I've probably got ~600 titles in my DVD collection and probably have a few more recommendations once I get through this thread.

Regarding A/V equipment, I sure enjoy my basement projector and have upgraded to a higher end Denon 7.2 amp and built in Klipsch speakers. I do need to get a second sub though and finish the installation.

Watched both The Conjuring and The Conjuring 2 last night with the lady. Fun enough that I was disappointed there wasn't a third film.

It looks like there is a Deadwood movie currently in production. I happened to hear it from someone today and thought it might be a rumor. But, after some googling, it seems to be true and HBO is planning to air it next year. It's unfortunate there's not a way to bring up other great HBO series such as Sopranos, Band of Brothers, John Adams, Westworld, True Detective (Season 1), or The Wire without breaking the thread rules.........

Watched American Assassin last night .I thought it was as a great movie.

I'll give it a shot.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'll give it a shot.
    Don’t waste your time. The only thing that resembles Vince Flynn’s characters are the names he gives them. Michael Keaton does not embody the character of Stan Hurly and the guy they have playing Mitch Rapp doesn’t weigh a buck-fifty wet. It’s made for TV trope.

Read the books instead (he’s a pretty good writer and was fairly libertarian in life). The Stan Hurley of the books kinda reminds me of you, coach. That’s a compliment, for what it’s worth.