starting strength gym
Page 201 of 301 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I watched PRISONER last night. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was great. Discuss.

Discussion: The name of the film is Prisoners.

Every time I watch The Wolfman (2010) I am more impressed with it. One of my favorite movies.

Annihilation is really good, had an early Twilight Zone vibe to it. I was surprised that I liked it as I usually don't like Natalie Portman films. The movie was written by the same guy who directed and wrote Ex Machina (another trippy Flik).

Watched In a Valley of Violence with Ethan Hawke and Travolta. Decent, but not worth a second watching. The Foreigner with Jackie Chan is very good, about the resurgence of the IRA, a very interesting situation. I'll watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
    I watched PRISONER last night. Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. It was great. Discuss.
    I don't like prison movies.

Saw Cold Pursuit. It seems Liam Neeson has decided to become a latter day Charles Bronson and off all and sundry who messed with his family, a la the Death Wish franchise. I like the guy and his roles though.

Cold Pursuit, set in Colorado, but in the easily identifiable Canadian Rockies at Bannf, was a mix of Fargo, Payback, and of course, Death Wish. Violent, with a fair number of plot twists, and IMO, entertaining with some funny moments. As well as stark snowy mountain beauty and the care and feeding of heavy duty snow removal in serious Cold Country.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Saw Cold Pursuit.
    I have been planning on going to see this and I agree with your Bronson comparison, Neeson is filling that role quite nicely. The original Death Wish was definitely one of those movies Hollywood DID NOT need to remake.

I have three DVDs lined up to watch over the weekend: The Predator, Venom, Bad Times at the El Royale. Have any of these been discussed here before? I look forward to the new Predator movie the most out of these, but maybe they'll all end up sucking, we'll see.

Just saw a movie called Defiance,its based on a true story about a group fighting in Poland against the Nazis. I did some reading after seeing the movie and it was quite interesting.

starting strength coach development program
    I'll give Bad Times at the El Royale a shot.