starting strength gym
Page 203 of 301 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Couldn’t agree more rip. Winter Soldier was a masterpiece, Black Panther also deserves a mention.

Braven was actually a decent movie, in a B grade sort of way. They obviously had little to work with on their budget, because some of the production details are terrible. Gotta love anything with Steven Lang and Jason Momoa.

Watched Rounders for some reason. Matt Damon is Matt Damon. John Malkovich's Russian accent is incredibly bad and hilarious.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    Watched Rounders for some reason. Matt Damon is Matt Damon. John Malkovich's Russian accent is incredibly bad and hilarious.
    Still a pretty good flick though, right? And Edward Norton kills it like always—though still nothing compared to Primal Fear, American History X, or 25th Hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    Still a pretty good flick though, right? And Edward Norton kills it like always—though still nothing compared to Primal Fear, American History X, or 25th Hour.
    Yes, it was really fun, definitely worth the watch. Can't believe I'd never heard of it until just now.

Recently re-watched Out of The Furnace and Lord of War. Both a bit underrated in my opinion

Out of the furnace was great. Woody Harrelson I'd sure a talented actor. I had heard years ago there actually was an area like that in NJ.

Watched both Amadeus and Immortal Beloved this week. Both are beautiful films, lavishly costumed and set, with obviously excellent soundtracks. I prefer Immortal Beloved.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Watched both Amadeus and Immortal Beloved this week. Both are beautiful films, lavishly costumed and set, with obviously excellent soundtracks. I prefer Immortal Beloved.
    Amadeus was amazing, even if it unjustly portrayed Salieri as a villain (in reality Salieri and Mozart had a good professional relationship, and Salieri did a lot of great work to better the lives of professional musicians in his time). Very deserving of best picture that year, and the fact that Tom Hulce and F. Murray Abraham we’re competing for the same best actor Oscar says plenty about the caliber of acting.

It also was the film playing on the hospital TV when my mother was in labor with my brother. His middle name was very nearly Amadeus.

starting strength coach development program
    Heads up on an interesting film about the Kelo decision by the Supreme Court back in 2005. Little Pink House is a very well done and infuriating outrage of a movie. Pisses you off, like Black Hawk Down. I recommend it highly.