starting strength gym
Page 207 of 301 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    Whoa. This had a bit of everything.. I just watched it with my father in law. Great movie. Sam Elliot's hair is equally impressive.
    He's always been an impressive man.

Quote Originally Posted by VTHS View Post
    I've tried to like superhero/comic based movies but I just can't seem to enjoy them. My wife and I are big movie goers and we both feel that we must be missing something.

My current top 10 movies:
    Bravehart
    The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
    A River Runs Through It
    Jeremiah Johnson
    A Good Year
    No Country For Old Men
    Legends of The Fall
    Pulp Fiction
    Josey Wales
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Interstellar was probably one of the better movies in the last year. Argo was also a damn good movie.
    Hot take:

For a Few Dollars More is better than TGTBTU.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    Sam Elliot's hair is equally impressive.
    He and Tom Selleck still have the MOST authoritative mustaches in the business.

Didn't see it mentioned here in March, after scrolling up, but the best thing I've seen in a theater in the last few years was the new Apollo 11 documentary. No talking heads, just a ton of awesome contemporary footage, a little contemporary news commentary, and a good, unobtrusive score.

If it pops up again in a theater near you, go see it. Otherwise, I think it will be shown on TV near the 50th anniversary of the mission this summer. Link to trailer below.

YouTube

I just watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Pretty damn good movie. The cinematography was really cool. The movie focuses on James’s killer, Ford. It came out in 07’. Decent lineup as well. Pitt, Affleck, Renner, etc.

I tried to watch that when it first came out, just wasn't interesting to me for some reason I cannot recall. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Rip I'm glad you liked the movie I think most people shake their heads at the "clickbait" title but I loved how the movie played both missions arrow straight and I could watch Sam Elliott explain why history's narrative does match his reality on a loop!

I don’t see you guys mention Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin much. One of my favorite older movies is “Death Hunt” with Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin. It’s actually based on a real life chase. Not super fancy but I enjoyed it.

I don’t really like Brad Pitt or Shia Labeuf but did enjoy some of the scenes in “Fury” . The things they got right were the closeness of a good tank crew. And I enjoyed the most of the action scenes and tank battle. Though the last scene was super unrealistic. They got more right than they did wrong. WW2 armor is kind of a passion of mine and it was cool seeing some of the different variants of vehicles.

Has anyone got a review on “Escape Room”?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlon Muncy View Post
    I don’t see you guys mention Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin much. One of my favorite older movies is “Death Hunt” with Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin. It’s actually based on a real life chase. Not super fancy but I enjoyed it.
    Not so, I mentioned Liam Neeson as the worthy heir to the Bronson Death Wish legacy not all that far back. He was a great actor in Hard Times, a movie about bare knuckles fighting set in NOLA. Very gritty and riding on the coat tails of The Sting, also set in the same Great Depression time line.

Lee Marvin now. Great in another great duel movie, Emperor of the North with Ernest Borgnine as the brutal conductor on a freight train. As a former cinder dick myself, it was interesting in how little hobos and their ways had changed over the decades.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post

Lee Marvin now. Great in another great duel movie, Emperor of the North with Ernest Borgnine as the brutal conductor on a freight train. As a former cinder dick myself, it was interesting in how little hobos and their ways had changed over the decades.
    Man, I haven’t seen that movie in YEARS. I need to look into watching it again this weekend if I can find it.

Another favorite of mine is “Das Boot”