starting strength gym
Page 209 of 301 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Have you seen The Duellists (1977), Keitel in Ridley Scott's first directorial effort?
    No, I need to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Any subtitles to that? Mortensen is hard to beat in any film, but an action movie is his real forte. I recommend Arturo Perez-Reverte's series on Captain Alatriste (the English translation of course, I habla, but not that well) for well researched sword and political derring-do in Spain during what us Anglos would refer to as the Elizabethan Era.
    It is based on the books, and has subtitles. But a lot happens in the books and the film tries to fit too much in, but it looks great.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by rudd View Post
    Completely unrelated, The Guard. Small town corrupt cop in Ireland. Major drug shipment. FBI becomes involved. Violence and dark humour,main character reminds me of Rip, but you may need sub titles for the Irish accents.
    I saw it when it first came out in theaters. Very good flick that flew under the radar, at least in America. Along Irish enforcer lines, also really liked The Boondock Saints—not just for the storyline, but for the questions it asks about whether vigilantism has a place in a society of laws. Dafoe’s character captures the ambivalence perfectly.

Glass was a surprisingly good movie. One of those where I can't understand why it has such poor reviews. Not a happy film, but complex, great cinematography, color filtering, and good conclusion to the unexpected trilogy. James Mcavoy steals the show and it's also clear that M. Night Shyamalan does better when his budget is severely restricted and he has to focus on practical effects and story.

Ordered it. I still like DVDs. Watched Shaft (2000). Fun movie.

Quote Originally Posted by slhuckstead View Post
    Glass was a surprisingly good movie. One of those where I can't understand why it has such poor reviews. Not a happy film, but complex, great cinematography, color filtering, and good conclusion to the unexpected trilogy. James Mcavoy steals the show and it's also clear that M. Night Shyamalan does better when his budget is severely restricted and he has to focus on practical effects and story.
    McAvoy is one of the most under-rated actors out there. He steals the show in everything he's in. Go watch Sci-Fi's Children of Dune*.

See also Atomic Blonde.

No kidding, he’s billed as playing 20 personalities in Glass. He only played 9 of those in Split.

On another note, has anyone seen Brightburn yet. Hearing good things about it.

Watched Citizen X last night. The bad guy wasn't believable, but the movie was an interesting glimpse of daily life in the Soviet Union. Perhaps a little humanity was in evidence in the giant bureaucracy that was the country.

starting strength coach development program
    We’ve been watching a bunch of moon/Apollo/Saturn V stuff.

First Man was neat. A little sappy but it was cool as hell to see the moon landing stuff shot in an Interstellar-type style. Especially cool was hearing the creaking, grinding, and other horrific sounding metal sounds during tests and launch.

Apollo 11 - all restored original footage documentary. Looks and sounds incredible. Watch this.
    Last edited by Nick Delgadillo; 05-30-2019 at 02:49 PM.