starting strength gym
Page 210 of 301 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by slhuckstead View Post
    Glass was a surprisingly good movie. One of those where I can't understand why it has such poor reviews. Not a happy film, but complex, great cinematography, color filtering, and good conclusion to the unexpected trilogy. James Mcavoy steals the show and it's also clear that M. Night Shyamalan does better when his budget is severely restricted and he has to focus on practical effects and story.
    Unbreakable was good. Shyamalan writes a good story. Ordered Split.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Apollo 11 - all restored original footage documentary. Looks and sounds incredible. Watch this.
    Just watched this yesterday. It's startling to see Apollo footage in such high definition. I guess the world wasn't all blurry back then?...

Zero narration was great.

Watched Avengers:endgame today. Must say Marvel did amazing job on the privious one and this movies ,though i thought that the Infinity war will be the last.

Apollo 11 is an amazing film. Finally a filmmaker decides to get the hell out of the way and let the story speak for itself. Do not miss this one.

WOW! That's all I can say after viewing "They Shall Not Grow Old" the absolutely astonishing colorized and slowed down footage of the British Doughboys in WWI. It starts out with black and white small screened vingtage footage and eventually "blooms" into full color with dubbed dialog (actually unttered by the real men) extensively researched by historical museums, etc.

I cannot put to words how amazingly effective this was. I looked like a modern day blockbuster quality (almost) viewing that was so real that it was hard to believe it was 100 years ago now!!!
    I absolutely cannot recommend this film enough. Sadly it was completed too late for last year's Oscars. I think it should have won best Documentary. It had tons of interviews with the men in the film (or compatriots) and I look forward to watching it again just to concentrate on different guys' faces each time in crowded scenes.

It can get a bit gruesome at times now that the footage is in color so be forewarned if your kids watch it with you.

Damn, it's getting hard to find DVDs. $39.95? Won't play in Region 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Damn, it's getting hard to find DVDs. $39.95? Won't play in Region 1?
    We streamed it on Amazon. If you have friends of like mind who might share the viewing at their place it's worth it.
    I imagine the CD cost will come down as it's a relatively recent release.

Best place to order DVD's down here is usually JB Hi-Fi (Movies and TV Series - from Breaking Bad to Game of Thrones | JB Hi-Fi)

Most DVD's are around twenty bucks, and it looks like they charge about nine bucks to ship over to Texas.

Plus the currency conversion will work WELL in your favour!

I think the market is shifting to downloads. DVDs will probably be like cassette tapes in a few more years.

starting strength coach development program
    No question about all entertainment moving to downloads and streaming, both movies and music. It is a bit of a shame really. Keep those DVD's Rip, they'll be collectors items one day. Who knows, they may even make a comeback like vinyl records!