starting strength gym
Page 211 of 301 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Watched Sicario 2 (Day of the Soldado) - enjoyable movie, but not as much action as the first one. Always enjoy watching Josh Brolin. Has anyone seen it? Does it portray an accurate perception of what's happening on the USA-Mexico border?

My go to for DVD's is ebay. You can usually get a huge discount and free shipping, people buy them at estate sales for nothing and make a decent profit. Haven't got a bad used one yet.

Recently watched Hell or High Water and The Highwaymen on Netflix. Enjoyed them both very much. Always liked Costner, and Harrelson plays a great part. Of course, Jeff Bridges always delivers in a wonderfully filmed movie.

Watched Clue (1985) last night. Quite funny, several very dry zingers they slipped in to enjoy. Lesley Ann Warren at the height of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Watched Clue (1985) last night. Quite funny, several very dry zingers they slipped in to enjoy. Lesley Ann Warren at the height of her powers.
    Clue was on a loop in my room during college. One of Landis’ all time best scripts.

Watched Battleship last night. It was stupid, childish, expensive to make, and lots of fun to watch once.

And then I watched Blade Runner (final cut) to restore the standard. This movie is so fucking amazing on so many levels that it has been a pleasure to watch many times for 37 years. The Final Cut edit has raised it another notch.

Sheeeeiiiittttt:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Sheeeeiiiittttt:

This is already my favorite movie of all time.

I miss the 80's

starting strength coach development program
    If you haven't see Hereditary give it a watch with the lights off. It's done by A24 which has done a ton of great stuff recently. This one reminded me a lot of their other movie The Witch. Both creepy and atmospheric, but Hereditary had much more visceral scares. Shot extremely well, too. It's almost like three completely different movies in one and could use a bit of editing, but stick through it. Definitely worth it. Also, watch the The Witch if you haven't.