starting strength gym
Page 216 of 301 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3010

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For John Wayne give “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” a try, the ending drags a bit, however it showcases Wayne as an actor. For fun westerns with all the pros and cons of the genre give Big Jake and the Sons of Katie Elder a try.

"The Shootist", Wayne's last film is one of his best performances. He played a dying man who at the time (Wayne) actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Honestly I enjoy the tales of John Wayne the actual person more than any of the movies he was in.
    I saw Liberty Valance, but the extent of my knowledge of John Wayne the person is the quotation

"I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility."

You are what we call "smug," to think you know the sum of a person's character based upon a single quotation that person is supposed to have said. So easy, so satisfying, for assessments to be so simple! I hope your actual judgement is better.

And I completely agree about The Shootist. Just watched it.

I enjoyed this article about John Wayne. I never realized the KGB was out to get him. How John Wayne Got Rid of the KGB Agents Hired to Kill Him | Military.com

Excellent! Now, back to the movies. Just saw John Wick 3. Entertaining, amazing gunwork and stunts, but the thing has officially headed into cartoon territory with this installment. It's still fun, and I'll see 4, but man that first one was a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Excellent! Now, back to the movies. Just saw John Wick 3. Entertaining, amazing gunwork and stunts, but the thing has officially headed into cartoon territory with this installment. It's still fun, and I'll see 4, but man that first one was a great movie.
    Watched this on Friday, and thought the same thing. The first one was a great revenge movie with plenty of action and a plot. The past two are just wall to wall action, and a lot of development of their underground world. Way over the top, but in a fun way.

Watched the new Robin Hood movie. Enjoyable, even though everyone already knows the story. This instalment has been described as a "dark, revisionist prequel to the historical story." Worth watching purely for the unbelievable archery skills. Taron Egerton, who plays Robin, trained with the world’s fastest archer, Lars Andersen, to make the film’s archery scenes as authentic as possible.

DB and I saw Bohemian Rhapsody. A great portrayal of Freddy Mercury and the band's tribulations early on. The final scene for Live Aid in Wembley was incredible. Not only was the swoop in from above to over the crowd to the stage breathtaking, but by then Mercury knew he was going to die from AIDS and his performance, it seemed to me anyway, was a capstone of his music and a farewell to all this. It had a tendency to drag in a few spots but altogether it was funny and absorbing.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Coach, maybe you can convince keanu to bulk up a bit? The man spends so much time training to be a badass, but he doesn’t look like he has spent much time under the bar. This shits important!