starting strength gym
Page 226 of 301 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Saw The Gentlemen over the weekend. Was not a fan which was particularly disappointing considering how much I like Guy Ritchies other gangster films.

If anyone out there is on the fence about whether to see it in theaters or wait until it comes out on video... wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Great point. The LOTR trilogy dealt with this well, as did Lonesome Dove by moving to the mini-series approach. Although not really a movie, and thus off topic for the thread, Lonesome Dove is at least one of the top 3 westerns ever filmed, maybe the best, and they did a masterful job of turning that great novel into a very tight and extremely faithful version of the source material, very hard to do in shorter format. Short stories make better movies than novels for this obvious reason.
    Lonesome Dove is one of my all time favorites. I've probably watched part 1 30 times. The dialog and chemistry between Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones are something else.

Not a movie, but the best western ever filmed, no doubt.

Going out on a limb here suggesting "Mobius:" A french film (it is available on Amazon Prime now) with some subtitles for French and Russian language. It is a spy/love story that is somewhat difficult to follow given that nothing is "spelled out." The viewer must pay very close attention to all dialogue/characters and multiple viewings may be required - you may not mind. The entire show was very well done and it's a great spy story.

Hi guys, first time posting. I watched Westside vs the World last night and was wondering if anyone else saw it and what they thought. It was even crazier than I thought it would be but highly entertaining.

Watched White Squall last night. Is there a bad Ridley Scott film I'm not aware of? This man just doesn't seem to make anything but good movies.

There are no bad Ridley Scott movies but Someone to Watch Over Me comes close. 1492: Conquest of Paradise, A Good Year, and G.I. Jane are probably his weakest. Alien, Blade Runner, and Gladiator being his best.

Exodus: Gods and Kings is pretty bad.

What's wrong with it?

starting strength coach development program
    I thought Exodus: Gods and Kings was a pretty solid movie. If you're into Ridley's stuff but haven't seen eveything, The Duellists (1977) was very good. It was Ridley's first feature and starred Harvey Keitel and Keith Carradine. Matchstick Men (2003) was a bit of a departure but a good comedy with Nicolas Cage and Sam Rockwell. I really liked The Counselor (2003). It got mostly negative reviews but if you like Cormac McCarthy you'll probably like it. It's dark and violent and has interesting dialogue. There aren't really any hidden gems in his filmography but those are probably some of his better less-popular movies.