starting strength gym
Page 232 of 301 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    V For Vendetta is very timely these days. I used to pass out copies at the gym. Highly recommended.

Watched The Foreigner again. Damn good political intrigue/revenge film. Jackie Chan is really an amazing actor. First time we've heard of the IRA in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    [I]
    Watched The Foreigner again. Damn good political intrigue/revenge film. Jackie Chan is really an amazing actor. First time we've heard of the IRA in quite a while.
    Can vouch. We happened to watch this on Netflix, and it was a rare instance of me liking what my wife picked. This was ar removed from some of the type-casting that Jackie Chan has subjected himself to.

Spoiler alert: the SWAT team doesn't play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Jackie Chan is really an amazing actor.
    Right!? We need more against-type JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Spoiler alert: the SWAT team doesn't play around.
    *CIA-trained guerillas. ftfy.

The Death of Stalin is on Netflix.
    I thought it was hilarious. Definitely a British comedy, so if you're not into those it may not be for you.

I watched The Dish with the family last night. It’s a fantastic, indie film set during the Apollo 11 moon landing. Factually-based, it takes place in Parkes, New South Wales, Australia, a small town that happens to be home to the largest radio telescope in the southern hemisphere. As such, it was essential to maintaining communications with Apollo 11 and in particular in relaying the television signal transmitted from the lunar surface.

It's hilarious to see how the townspeople handle their role in man's greatest adventure. It's a gem of a film.

I'd seen it before and despite having made the tactical error of playing it up excessively to the family; uncharacteristically, they loved it, even my morose, disaffected youth, 17-year-old daughter!

You are welcome!

Promotion Poster

This might be a good time to watch Equilibrium (2002) again.

Watched The Thing with the family. Probably my favorite horror/sci-fi film ever made. Kurt Russell is a national treasure.

Watched Molly‘s Game with Jessica Chastain about „poker princess“ Molly Bloom lately.

Not bad and the real story and woman is quite fascinating. It also greatly changed my mind about actor Tobey Maguire who seems to be a HUGE asshole.

Hollywood really is a cesspool of lunatics and narcissistic egomaniacs.

After the film I researched the real story and was pleasantly surprised that almost nothing was changed for dramatic purposes. Most movies based on a true story are total bullshit because they deviate extremely from the true story in order to be more easily digestible for the average dumb audience.

Watched a random one the other night “kenny” a kind of Australian mockumentary about a bloke trying to fit in to the modern world who can’t hide his good side. Not going to win any oscars but different, funny and surprisingly touching.

starting strength coach development program
    Watched Unforgiven. Never a bad time to throw that on.