starting strength gym
Page 239 of 301 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh1012 View Post
    . As far as older movies go, I watched the original Predator with my son the other day, and I have to say that I think that’s one of the best pure action movies out there. No love story, no drama, just some dudes with guns trying to kill an alien in the jungle. I also think it captures what made Arnold so great as an action hero. The role was perfect for him. The last one I’ll throw.
    It's been said elsewhere but Predator feels like the best slasher flick ever made.

I would agree. I saw it in the theater when I was a kid, and it scared the heck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1012 View Post
    I would agree. I saw it in the theater when I was a kid, and it scared the heck out of me.
    Once Arnold and Apollo go for the Isometric Bicep Bulge Hello you know its gonna be a classic

Apocalypto is back on Amazon Prime after being unavailable anywhere for a really long time. Damn good and crazy ass movie with a fantastic ending.

I've been on a Japanese kick lately and watched a movie called 'Tokyo Drifter', it's an old artsy yakuza movie that's a lot of fun. It's a criterion release. I've also been into re watching some Akira Kurisawa/ Toshiro Mifune movies like 'The Hidden Fortress', 'Roshomon', and of course 'Seven Samurai'. It doesn't get much better than 'Seven Samurai'. Anybody have any good Japanese recommendations?

One of the best films you'll ever watch is Ran, a late Kurasawa epic version of King Lear. A very big production.

I love period samurai pieces. There's something about that culture that's endlessly fascinating.

Try 13 Assassins and Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai​, both from the same director. Masterfully acted.

Good recommendation on Ran and I liked 13 assassins I never was able to check out Miike's Hara-Kiri and had forgotten about it but I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

I don't think I've watched a Kurosawa film I didn't like, at least the Medieval Samurai and Shakespeare ones. Charlottesville used to have a foreign film video store, they had all of Kurosawa's works and I spent way too much money there :-)

starting strength coach development program
    This is a good documentary currently on Prime about the making of the movie The Island of Dr. Moreau in 1996. Heard about it on Dennis Miller's podcast which is decently entertaining. If you like hearing behind the scenes stories, this is good.

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau - Wikipedia