• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Check out Wind River.

We have.

Last of the Mohicans on Netflix. Great movie

Quote Originally Posted by MFCPete View Post
    Last of the Mohicans on Netflix. Great movie
    Opinions will probably vary, but I thought it was Daniel Day-Lewis' greatest role.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Opinions will probably vary, but I thought it was Daniel Day-Lewis' greatest role.
    This dude has so successfully flown under the radar since his initial accolades. Most think of DeNiro etc as the greatest actors. While they are good, Lewis is special. There Will be Blood is one of his best.

I’m waiting for him to come out in support of BLM!

Finally was able to re-watch Time Bandits in honor of the memory of Sean Connery (he has two roles). Time Bandits does not appear to have been mentioned on this thread--it's a bonkers movie that I recommend to anyone. However, if you really don't like the old Monty Python show, then you might want to skip Time Bandits. It's very different, but some of the Monty Python people show up in various roles (John Cleese, Michael Palin) and some of the comic sensibilities are similar. Sean Connery was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    That is definitely his best film. I watch it every year at least once and am reading Cooper's book that it is based upon right now.

I do think he had to act harder and better in other roles though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This dude has so successfully flown under the radar since his initial accolades. Most think of DeNiro etc as the greatest actors. While they are good, Lewis is special. There Will be Blood is one of his best.
    That was a great role. Just watched 'Bounty' a few weeks ago. He had a small role. Those three roles show a pretty broad range.

De Niro plays tough guys and psychos. Taxi Driver is basically every mobster he's played, but with a mohawk.

I don't know if this has been said here before but the Suspiria remake is excellent. Very different from the original and both are worth a watch is you like weird horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    I don't know if this has been said here before but the Suspiria remake is excellent. Very different from the original and both are worth a watch is you like weird horror.
    I thought it was fantastic. Some people didn't like it, though: The Movies

starting strength coach development program
    This is because Nick is the physical embodiment of weird horror. So It resonates well.