starting strength gym
Page 252 of 301 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Watched Spenser Confidential last night. I like Wahlberg but this ones a stinker.

Recently watched The Lives of Others. Fascinating story about the government oversight, errrr I mean the old East German Stasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhals View Post
    Watched Spenser Confidential last night. I like Wahlberg but this ones a stinker.

Recently watched The Lives of Others. Fascinating story about the government oversight, errrr I mean the old East German Stasi.
    Thanks for the heads up. Was just thinking about setting down and watching Spenser tonight on Netflix. Sounds like I'll pass and find something else.

Re-release of Justice League is worth a watch.

When it's released on DVD, let us know. I like to own my movies.

At Rip’s recommendation I watched Conagher, a made for TV movie based on a Louis L’Amour novel of the same name. It has been a long time since I saw it and when I did it would have been on a regular size TV with all the commercial breaks. It is an extremely well shot Western and Sam Elliott is at his finest. Sets, wardrobe, weapons, and horsemanship are superb. The movie takes its time and is a rare type of storytelling.

Also, Spenser Confidential is indeed, an insult to all things Robert B Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Re-release of Justice League is worth a watch.
    I’m almost through with it tonight. It is beyond reason as to how something this good was trashed for the shit pile we originally got. It is Snyder’s best after Watchmen and Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I’m almost through with it tonight. It is beyond reason as to how something this good was trashed for the shit pile we originally got. It is Snyder’s best after Watchmen and Man of Steel.
    His daughter tragically committed suicide and he left the project to be with his family. The studio exploited this situation and spent an ungodly amount of money to hire Joss Whedon to reshoot and change the tone of the whole thing. Millions wasted on dumb jokes. Zack Snyder stepped away in May. Instead of giving him time and waiting to finish the thing, they rushed it out the door in NOVEMBER that year. I'm also sure they saw an early cut of the thing and thought it wasn't Marvel enough for them.

Wish I felt the same. It would be nice if there wasn't 30 minutes of shitty music to slomo... That would make it somewhat tolerable.

Not a fan of Snyder. In no way does he get the character of superman. IMO. Stick with the Christopher Reeve version.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post

Didn't the studio basically hire Whedon to try and "Marvel-ize" it by adding a bunch of pithy one-liners and frat-boy quips? DC is just a mess at the studio executive level it seems.

starting strength coach development program
    Superman is a far more complicated character than most people give him credit for. Not to spoil the flick, but the key scene is him remembering his fathers words and what he does after that. That is the culmination of the intent behind the character.

Also, Batman as St. Paul was the needed antidote to 20 years of a character that has become less than one note. Too bad, WB thinks that one note is good enough.