starting strength gym
Page 265 of 301 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I recently watched a movie called Mr Jones, that came out last year. Learned a few historical things I was, of course, not ever taught. I was almost surprised that this movie came out, let alone in 2020, but I doubt many have watched. It gave me the same chills you described and left me very pissed off at the end Rip. Walter Duranty was such a ginormous pile of shit and now they have essentially systemized what he did in the 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Paradise Alley was Stallone's first acting/directing project. Silly in places, and I really don't like to hear these people tawk, but it's pretty good You can see his talent in 1978.
    I am a huge Stallone fan, and will tell anyone who will listen he is under rated as an actor. Perhaps his greatest acting was in Copland. He was great, and it was on non action, non physical role. If you have not seen Copland I highly recommend it. Crooked NYC cops against small town Sheriff Stallone, but the plot is fairly nuanced.

Watched Cruella and was quite surprised, it was well made and fun to watch. The missus wanted something to watch while we peeled apples for canning and Cruella was the only one available on the list she gave me for Redbox/library. I didn't think I would ever like a new Disney movie, but I actually stopped peeling to better watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I recently watched a movie called Mr Jones, that came out last year. Learned a few historical things I was, of course, not ever taught. I was almost surprised that this movie came out, let alone in 2020, but I doubt many have watched. It gave me the same chills you described and left me very pissed off at the end Rip. Walter Duranty was such a ginormous pile of shit and now they have essentially systemized what he did in the 30s.
    Indeed. Duranty was an incredible piece of shit. McCarthy was right, of course. Incidentally, Cronkite was Mockingbird it turned out, but there likely won't be a movie about that. Every once and a while, they do slip through. See the flick about Gary Webb, Kill the Messenger with Jeremy Renner, and of course, JFK.

Rip, this is for you:

Blade Runner: The Final Cut
    is on Netflix and I watched it again. I must be an idiot because I didn't get it. Decker's gig is to retire replicants. But what did the replicants that he's tracking down do other than return to Earth? It's just the overarching theme of man finding a way to actually create life, but decides that that life is not fit to truly live?

The replicants are the equivalent of the unvaccinated. They must be killed to protect the vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    I am a huge Stallone fan, and will tell anyone who will listen he is under rated as an actor. Perhaps his greatest acting was in Copland. He was great, and it was on non action, non physical role. If you have not seen Copland I highly recommend it. Crooked NYC cops against small town Sheriff Stallone, but the plot is fairly nuanced.
    I started liking Stallone again after giving up on the Rocky franchise after the Drago iteration. Didn't like any of his stuff thereafter, and after Tango and Cash, which I only watched part of on the strength of Kurt Russell, I swore off him forever. But after seeing Grudge Match on TV, I changed my mind. He was SO good in that movie, I decided to give Creed a chance. Same story, a great performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Watched Cruella and was quite surprised, it was well made and fun to watch. The missus wanted something to watch while we peeled apples for canning and Cruella was the only one available on the list she gave me for Redbox/library. I didn't think I would ever like a new Disney movie, but I actually stopped peeling to better watch.
    This was actually half decent, my daughter chose the movie and I wasn't too interested but it sucked me in very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I wasn't too interested but it sucked me in very quickly.
    That's about how it was for me, I didn't have any interest in it, but since I missed quite a bit of the first half (peeling apples) I'm going to watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I started liking Stallone again after giving up on the Rocky franchise after the Drago iteration. Didn't like any of his stuff thereafter, and after Tango and Cash, which I only watched part of on the strength of Kurt Russell, I swore off him forever. But after seeing Grudge Match on TV, I changed my mind. He was SO good in that movie, I decided to give Creed a chance. Same story, a great performance.
    The other reason to respect Stallone is that he is self made, he did it his way and refused to compromise.
    After he wrote the screenplay for Rocky, every movie studio was throwing money at Stallone, provided they get the screenplay and use “their” actor. After all, Stallone was not an actor and was not a handsome Redford or Paul Newman. But he refused to compromise,

He finally got a studio to allow him to be Rocky and the rest is history, Stallone bet on himself and won.

starting strength coach development program
    Stallone is a living legend. The Directors cut of Rocky IV is finally finished and will be in theaters for one day on November 11th. Here’s the trailer for Rocky IV: Rocky vs Drago:

Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago | The Ultimate Director?s Cut | Official Trailer | MGM Studios - YouTube