starting strength gym
Page 270 of 301 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3003

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Nessland View Post
    For the Western fans, Old Henry is worth a watch. Very good.
    I've got it in my queue! Tim Blake Nelson seems perfect for that type of role.

While not a 'movie', I just watched 'Get Back' on disney+. A few observations from a fan of the Beatles, but admittedly not the biggest fan.....

1) John Lennon was a bit of a goof off, and a little weird
    2) I found it VERY odd that Yoko Ono was almost literally at Lennon's hip the whole time on camera. Really weird.
    3) George was serious and Ringo never talked.
    4) that poor red headed kid serving food/drinks and had to hold the word on the roof for John.
    5) I could see a nearly immediate change in all four when they started on the roof, looks like they knew what they were great at when the lights turned on.
    6) I found it boring, and at the same time, did not want it to end.
    7) those two cops wanted nothing to do with being there.
    8) Paul, once he saw the cops on the roof...it was like he was infused with adrenaline immediately.

Watched some of Beatles Get Back. Fell asleep after two hours. Lets just say you really need to be a fan and strong cup of coffee.

I'm put off watching Get Back as I've always felt let down by documentaries about bands I love. Its like I realise that exceptional music can be made by pretty unentertaining people.

Our internet went down so I was forced to rewatch a classic on DVD- Friday Night Lights. Damn good acting by Billy Bob and the rest of the young guys in it.

Bummer, I watched Nightmare Alley with Tyrone Powers just a few weeks ago and now I've read that Guillermo del Toro has written, produced and directed a new Nightmare Alley. Now that I know the plot and ending, not sure I'll appreciate the movie without the suspense :-(
    If you're a fan of old movies, the first is worth watching, but then you'll be in the same boat as me.

Spider-Man: No Way Home - They knocked this one out of the park. The best Spider-Man movie ever and I’m sure some will even tell you the best Marvel movie ever. I saw this at an IMAX theatre the other night and the people in the audience were really into it. Can’t remember the last time I heard so much cheering and laughing in a movie theatre. Just a very impressive culmination of the films that came before it, with an engaging storyline, exciting action, laugh out loud moments, and dramatic consequences. The most fun I’ve had at the movies in a long, long time.

I loved this movie. While I though "Into the Spiderverse" was better, this was a very close second. It may be the best MCU movie in fact.

Seems, as a whole, Spiderman has enjoyed the most good movies of any comic character. batman is my favorite comic hero, but spidey has more good movies. First 2 Toby movies were very very good. All of Holland have been good, and the amazing Spiderman movies were at least below average.

Go see it in the theatre. Without spoilers, it would be helpful if you saw all three tobey and both garfield movies, to give you a sense of the villains in this movie.

Will prob see it 1-2 more times and it's easily a purchase blu-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Spider-Man: No Way Home - They knocked this one out of the park. The best Spider-Man movie ever and I’m sure some will even tell you the best Marvel movie ever. I saw this at an IMAX theatre the other night and the people in the audience were really into it. Can’t remember the last time I heard so much cheering and laughing in a movie theatre. Just a very impressive culmination of the films that came before it, with an engaging storyline, exciting action, laugh out loud moments, and dramatic consequences. The most fun I’ve had at the movies in a long, long time.

Saw No Way Home tonight, absolutely fantastic. Best Spider Man film to date.

Virtually everybody says this. I may have to break down and go to the theater.

starting strength coach development program
    A smart move. Have you seen the other Spiderman films with Tobey M and Andrew G? If no, it will give some context around the villains. All 5.....

While not better than Spiderverse, this can lay a claim to the best MCU film. It absolutely is in the top tier for Mcu, no question.