starting strength gym
Page 274 of 301 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3002

Thread: The Movies

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    We saw Ridley Scott's latest last night: The Last Duel.

Damn good performances all around - everyone plays themselves three different ways based on the perspective of each of the main characters, brutal sword and dagger fights, and lots of cool historical bits thrown in - like the medieval doctor using a urine wheel.
    This movie rules.

Gary Oldman fan here. Enjoyed two recently.

Leon the Professional
    Darkest Hour

I weeped openly at the end of Ghostbusters: Afterlife. We always simp for Peter Venkman, but who knew that Egon Spengler would get all us '80s kids mushy?

I have started watching all movies, esp movies with complicated plots with subtitles. For me, this has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I have stumbled upon. Watching Dune, I didn’t miss names, places, or phrases. It also seems to make movie lines stronger. When a character says something badass, then you read it, it adds a little something. Maybe I’m just weird but it’s something I have started doing with all movies the last year or so. As long as the subtitle is small enough it doesn’t ruin anything, it’s like a picture book and audio book put together. Even last night I watched Wall-E and the subtitles were very large. After 5min into it I didn’t notice at all, I was still reading them at the end of the movie though. My 4yo daughter doesn’t even notice. I think she thinks subtitles are standard because of me lol

I really enjoyed Dune, excited for the next one. Acting and action have to both be present, the former has been missing lately in many movies.

Sometimes I read the lines before I hear them, which in turn ruins the bad ass delivery (some times). Does that happen to you also? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    I have started watching all movies, esp movies with complicated plots with subtitles. For me, this has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I have stumbled upon. Watching Dune, I didn’t miss names, places, or phrases. It also seems to make movie lines stronger. When a character says something badass, then you read it, it adds a little something. Maybe I’m just weird but it’s something I have started doing with all movies the last year or so. As long as the subtitle is small enough it doesn’t ruin anything, it’s like a picture book and audio book put together. Even last night I watched Wall-E and the subtitles were very large. After 5min into it I didn’t notice at all, I was still reading them at the end of the movie though. My 4yo daughter doesn’t even notice. I think she thinks subtitles are standard because of me lol

I really enjoyed Dune, excited for the next one. Acting and action have to both be present, the former has been missing lately in many movies.

I mostly use the subtitles when I don’t understand what was said, names of people and places. It might be the movies I have watched but the subtitles usually come in synch or just right after the line. Not all movies have good subtitles though, Amazon Prime movies let you choose font size, color, and I think positioning on the screen. I haven’t had the issue yet, but the benefits for me are incredible. It has made movies much more enjoyable for me. If I don’t remember or hear exactly the names/places/plots I tend to lose interest. I’m watching 007 right now and I’m reading too lol

Been watching the Phantasm series lately. Even though I'm a huge fan of 70's and 80's horror, I've never watched these. Just finished part II and I really dig the series. Gonna check out part III this weekend...

Watched Nightmare Alley last night, Guillermo Del Toro's very noir-inspired remake of a movie from 1947 about a pair of carnies turned high-society mentalists who get in over their heads..

Great movie. Absolutely well-done in every way... i almost thought they didn't make movies like this anymore. I don't want to give anything away, but if you like well-done period pieces with a noir flare and Del Toro's macabre sensibilities, def check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost and Found View Post
    Gary Oldman fan here. Enjoyed two recently.

Leon the Professional
    Darkest Hour
    Darkest Hour was excellent. Have read a fair amount about Churchill the last few years, interesting life story to say the least.

starting strength coach development program
    Watched Vivarium tonight, British flick about a couple who view an open house in an empty subdivision, and then get stuck there. Horribly slow, nothing interesting or intriguing happens, then it ends. Lame.